BabyGate
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BabyGate

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultBabyGate

Anyone ever use a baby gate to block off an area? I really want to stop crating Harlee during the day, and leave her in an area in the hallway. THis would have enough room for her crate (door open) and some toys and still some room for her to play. I can shut all the doors to the rooms but I would need to block off the entrance to the living room.

I really want to do it but I am afraid in another month or so she might jump over it? Thoughts?

Harlee is 18 weeks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

milab is offline Member

DefaultRe: BabyGate

I use a baby gate in my kitchen doorway to keep Lacey (9 months) confined when I'm gone. So far she hasn't attempted to jump it and it works fine. She's happy in the kitchen, but REALLY happy when we come home. The other two couldn't be stopped by a mere gate - both have climbed it. Actually Sage flies over it in a single, split-second leap - I don't think her feet ever touch it.
     LaceyGrady Sage

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I use a baby gate that is actually broken (I can't turn the bottom wheel to tighten it), to keep Riley from going into the room where Simba's litter box is located (she thinks the turds are a real delicacy). She has never broken thru it and Simmy can jump it to do his business. Now if she were alone all day, I dunno............

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

When Pitch jumped the baby gate at 5mos of age, we went out and bought this one. He won't be jumping over this one!

We found it at Babies R Us

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

We use baby gates to keep Hershey Kisses out of the Living and Dining rooms at all times. We also have one closing off the hallway that is her space when we are gone. They work great. She ahs not tried to jump them yet at 8 months.

momofalab or anyone else. Two of the gates look exactly like the picture you showed. The entry to our living room is 72 inches wide and the extensions work great. I got ors from DrsFosterSmith or whatever the name is. We are in Babies are us often and I happened to notice this past weekend that they have the same gate we bought, under a different brand name, for about 40% more. I check the manufacturer information on it. Different manufacturer with the same address???????

People pay more for their childrens safety so they charge more for the extact same gate.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Baby gates. Couldn't live without them. ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Janika is offline Member

Since living in the basement this time, I will be using one to stop her from climbing the steps while a pup. Don't want her to fall and injure herself.

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

We use a baby gate with ours, and have done ever since Kira was a pup. They're conditioned to it now and they don't even try to go through or over it. We can sit it in the doorway in such a way that a nudge of their nose would knock it over, and they won't touch it. It was the cheapest gate I could find and it works a treat. Doesn't work with toddlers at all mind you.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I don't use a crate, so I baby gate all the way to puppy proof .

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

We use them to keep Cinnamon out of my parents bedroom and the office all the time. With the AC on here in Phoenix you don't want to close doors because the heat builds up in a room unless the air can circulate. Well Miss Happy Butt is no respecter of bodies and will decide to jump up and go to sleep in the middle of the night....mum is somewhat frail so this is not a good idea so I don't want her in their room at night and for some reason she cannot resist stealing a piece of paper off my dad's desk so she s banned from there also. She has never jumped the gate though my BR Harrier Cierra (other dog in siggy) sails over it like it is 3 inches tall but then again she can clear a 5 foot fence with only a minor run to get up a little speed.
    Karon<br /><br />

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast