11 Things You Must Do RIGHT To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy

Thread: 11 Things You Must Do RIGHT To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy

Janika is offline Member

Default11 Things You Must Do RIGHT To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy

Found this site while doing research the other day, and the info thats in the ebook sounds great. However I'm wondering if its really worth it. Its only $16 for 2 books, but still. Has anyone here bought/read these books or know someone who has? Hard to trust positive reviews from the same website...

11 Things You Must Do RIGHT To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy ~ Labrador Retriever Edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tricialeigh4jc is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 11 Things You Must Do RIGHT To Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy

While it sounds like this person may have some good things to say (ie why some popular commercial foods MAY not be the best for YOUR dog) - it also sounds like it is an extreme point of view.

While I haven't read the book, I am guessing by the ad that they are going to recommend a very holistic approach to raising your dog - raw feeding, significant reduction in vaccines, etc. Nothing wrong with this, but certainly not the ONLY right way to do things - and you can find plenty of info on this approach to raising a dog in JL's holistic section for free .

Not saying the book is necessarily wrong, but I was very turned off by the extremist approach of the ad, as it felt more like propaganda than educational materials.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by tricialeigh4jc

Not saying the book is necessarily wrong, but I was very turned off by the extremist approach of the ad, as it felt more like propaganda than educational materials.

Just my 2 cents.
    Amen, sister! Couldn't have said it better myself. (Although, I wouldn't mind a flip through the pages just to see some of their "best" approaches to food, toys, etc.....!)

Bev.
    <br /><br />&quot;Maintiens Le Droit&quot;

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Just Googled the author and found this comment at www.theveterinarypartner.com (the person who commented is a Gina Spadafori. Not sure what her claim to fame is and know nothing of the website, just found it now)

"Pets on the Web

Make no mistake, Michele Welton is trying to sell her book through her Web site (www.yourpurebredpuppy.com). But unlike a lot of promotional Web sites, this one offers tons of good information on dog breeds, breeders and much, much more. Such as profiles on all American Kennel Club breeds, plus a couple dozen more. Such as information on how to find a good breeder, why you should avoid other puppy sources, and how to choose the right pup from a litter of healthy, well-bred animals.

Some of her information is controversial, such as her distaste for commercial pet foods and her belief in holistic pet care, but her information on choosing a breed, finding a breeder and selecting a puppy is flawless. Her book, "Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyer's Guide," is now in its second edition, and remains one of the titles I recommend most often."

I did see some of Welton's books at amazon.com and there were over 40 reviews who pretty much give her full stars for other books on choosing pups and all that.

Bev.
    <br /><br />&quot;Maintiens Le Droit&quot;

Janika is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken
    I did see some of Welton's books at amazon.com and there were over 40 reviews who pretty much give her full stars for other books on choosing pups and all that.

Bev.
    Yeah I checked Amazon earlier for her real books, and found those reviews as a good confirmation, but still wanted to wait and ask around!

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy McCracken

Some of her information is controversial, such as her distaste for commercial pet foods and her belief in holistic pet care, but her information on choosing a breed, finding a breeder and selecting a puppy is flawless. Her book, "Your Purebred Puppy: A Buyer's Guide," is now in its second edition, and remains one of the titles I recommend most often."
    Well food and holistic pet care is always a controversial issue, gotta choose ur own beliefs I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by tricialeigh4jc
    it also sounds like it is an extreme point of view.

While I haven't read the book, I am guessing by the ad that they are going to recommend a very holistic approach to raising your dog - raw feeding, significant reduction in vaccines, etc. Nothing wrong with this, but certainly not the ONLY right way to do things - and you can find plenty of info on this approach to raising a dog in JL's holistic section for free .
    Not entirely looking for the "right way" to do everything/anything, but it'd be nice to read about another approach to things I've already known and of course don't know about yet. I've never owned/been around a Labrador before, and would like to read more about them. I'm sure all vets/authors are going to have a different view on many of the subjects in this book!

I just may get it, even if it turns out that alot may not be what I agree with, but some other subjects could be good info!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

When I read ad copy like that I am automatically suspicious. But it looks like there is some good information there also. So I'd be open. However, this type of information is available here and elsewhere on the net. For free.

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone got the ebook. Is it worth it?

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.