ginger went to another vet....

Thread: ginger went to another vet....

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Defaultginger went to another vet....

this one is 100 times better than the last one. while i was at the new vet the other vet called and left a message saying that her urinalysis came back normal.

so now i'm confused the first vet said that the bladder (i think) or kidneys produce a mucous substance when there is an infection or kidney stones. well thats why i brought her to the vet because after she would pee sometimes and there would be a mucous hanging out :-X. it would also take her a while to finally pee while outside. and sometimes she would drip urine right after she came back in from peeing...like she didn't finish but when i would clean it up it would be thick not a liquid.

is there anything i should ask them to check? could the antibiotic injection and pill alter the test? she seems to be doing a lot better. i gave her the last antibiotic this morning. the new vet didn't take a sample because she was on antibiotics and it would mess with the results so we have to go back next week.

should i start her on cranberry supplements? she's had uti before but never with mucous.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: ginger went to another vet....

The only thing I can tell you is that being on antibiotics WILL alter the outcome of any test for infection. Good luck.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: ginger went to another vet....

I haven't any advice, ...... just glad to hear you like the new vet...... hope Ginger is feeling better !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/