It makes me so sad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It makes me so sad

RebaHalle is offline Senior Member

DefaultIt makes me so sad

My beautiful Reba had another seizure last night. It has only been 6 weeks since the last one. :'(

Things had been going so well until this spring and the Natural Balance Venison and Rice was recalled. Probably nothing to do with it, but it just seems like the dogs have been a mess since then. I'm not really blaming the food for this, but myself for having gotten lacks in treats. Several of my No-Never-Give-Them-That rules have been broken lately.

On the other hand, the dogs and I had a wonderful walk in the park yesterday!

Good thoughts for my special friend, please.
    Judy, mom to Reba, the Lab, and Jalapeno (Halle), the JRT

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It makes me so sad

Do you know what is causing the seizures? Is she epileptic? One of my dogs was and the vet prescribed a phenobarb. She took it every day once diagnosed. Had to adjust dosage three times, I think, but he lived to 15 years of age. Once diagnosis was made, he only had seizures at those times that resulted in dosage adjustments.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Oh, I'm so sorry for you & Reba. I hope things get better. My mom's dog had seizures. It's a hard thing to watch. :'(

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am sorry to hear that. Do you know what may be causing the seizures? Enjoy your girl. She is so pretty.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

OH, I didn't know she had seizures...... is it epilepsy ?? Reba is in my thoughts and prayers.,.....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

RebaHalle is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    OH, I didn't know she had seizures...... is it epilepsy ?? Reba is in my thoughts and prayers.,.....

Melissa
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

It probably is epilepsy, but I am not totally convinced. Reba was 6 in August and began having seizures when she was just over 2. November and December of 2003 she had some seizures. A couple of days she had more than 1. To make a long story short, she went on thyroid meds just before Christmas of 2003 and did not have another seizure for over 6 months. Along with that we tried several dog foods and eventually settled on Natural Balance Venison and Rice. Until this spring, she only had a seizure about every 5 or 6 months. Now she has had 3 since the recall.

The vet does not want to put her on seizure meds until she is having more than 1 a week. Unfortunately, I don't really have a lot of faith in my vet. The vets that I have liked have left the area or retired. But now that I am retired, I am able to travel further to take her to the vet and will be looking for a new clinic.

Judy, mom to Reba, the Lab, and Jalapeno (Halle), the JRT

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts and prayers for you and Reba. Hopefully, the cause can be identified and treated.

bibber is offline Senior Member

Lots of good thoughts for Reba.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

I feel sad just reading about this. I hope everything goes well for you now and the coming future!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast