Walk This Morning

Thread: Walk This Morning

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultWalk This Morning

We have finally gotten some relief from the heat here and I have been taking advantage of it. This morning I waled Tal to the park around the courthouse (joys of living in a small town!) and we played fetch there.

On the way we were stopped at a corner and there was a man and his son in a pickup going somewhere. Tal was sitting by me waiting for the truck to pass. I heard the boy say to his dad gee dad why doesn't our dog behave like that? I just didn't look.

Then there was an older couple in a truck stopped at a corner on the way back to let Tal and me pass. I waved them on because I don't want Tal to think it is ok to go in front of a car. Anyway, they waved at me and I could see both of them smiling from ear to ear. I couldn't help but wonder if they have a sweet dog at home...or perhaps it brought back a pleasant memory of one already crossed the bridge.

Then there were three boys about 8 - 10 y/o on bikes and they came over to the sidewalk where Tal and I were. Of course they asked is he hunting dog? We have a black Lab like him, 'cept she is black. The most telling remark thought was one of them pointed to a house nearby and said they have a black lab but it is mean. I didn't say anything but just thought to myself I guess so...I wouldn't be too happy if I were chained up all time either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Walk This Morning

Tal is a good ambassador for the breed.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    Tal is a good ambassador for the breed.

Thanks..he is one of many I hope! I thought it was really cool how he calmly let the kids pet him. He is everything O had ever hoped for in a dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

That just makes me smile !! I'm so glad you have the dog you dreamed of........ and I'm so glad that Tal has such a wonderful "man person "of his own !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/