Bunny...What a day!!!

Thread: Bunny...What a day!!!

DefaultBunny...What a day!!!

We adore her, but its been 10 months of hard work with her and when you think you've done well, she comes and rubs in your face that she still does as she thinks is best :-\

I'm still fighting the feces eating habit, so every morning after their walk I go on poop patrol...well, when there is no poo to eat she manages to find something else....

Here is how my day started:

5:20am Bunny wakes me up so I give them breakfast. After their breakfast we went back to bed (usually I get ready and one hour later we go on our morning walk, but today I decided to drive them to the "pretty park")

7:45am Bunny wakes me up, demanding for me to get up

7:50am I see she took the comb from the shower and cleaned her teeth with it

8:05am I go to make me breakfast and Bunny disappears from her usual post under foot

8:15am I seat to have breakfast and Bunny isnt begging at the table, not even comes when I call her...

8:17am After calling Bunny again, I go to investigate and find her eating something on back yard > ??? So I wonder what it could be I already picked all the poo... I approach her and there is something like a little bone... and then some small piece of meat... and :-X :-X black tiny hair :-X :-X eeew eew eew :-X seems that it was a mouse :-X >

Needless to say I couldnt finish my breakfast :-[

Our house has a hedge and the people who owns the empty lot next to us doesnt cut the grass, so it is almost as high as the hedge... >

I was so angry but more at the owners of the lot than at Bunny...

But if she is a retriever, why doesnt she just retrieves balls instead of eating the most disgusting things she finds ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bunny...What a day!!!

You will be rewarded for all of your hard work with her in time. It's not always easy to remember that they are dogs, but they always remind you of that when they do that gross stuff. On days like that when you get so frustrated with her, try to remember how she accepts you so unconditionally.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I guess they do these things because they are dogs!! Abby is a hunter also, anything that moves in the yard is fair game. Rabbits, groundhogs & moles. I have seen her eat some really disgusting things. :

I never understand when she eats good food & treats she MUST eat any deer poop that she finds...it's like a delicacy to her. :-X

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Oh yes....definitely understand. Dead things seem to be their idea of a delicacy. Let's see...a bird skeleton, a dead fish complete with maggots, a dog poop and the grandaddy of it all the goose poop that was so enjoyable...that one wound up giving him an extreme case of diarrhea :-X

Well, one thing you can say is that they definitely broaden our horizons!

Coming from someone whose lab downed a dead squirrel (tail and all) and enjoys the occasional goose-poo snack, I feel your frustration. Some days I wonder if there's anything they won't eat. :

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    You will be rewarded for all of your hard work with her in time. It's not always easy to remember that they are dogs, but they always remind you of that when they do that gross stuff. On days like that when you get so frustrated with her, try to remember how she accepts you so unconditionally.
    You are right on that one, perhaps because she is such a good doggie I forget also that she just turned 1 And she is an amazing girl for being so young...so easy to forget as the years pass by how difficult it was... I hardly remember the hard times with Bear, she is like an angel now.

My husband said "Well, there is more protein in a mouse than in a sock (which she likes to eat every now and then)"

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Oh yes....definitely understand. Dead things seem to be their idea of a delicacy. Let's see...a bird skeleton, a dead fish complete with maggots, a dog poop and the grandaddy of it all the goose poop that was so enjoyable...that one wound up giving him an extreme case of diarrhea :-X

Well, one thing you can say is that they definitely broaden our horizons!
    I definitely feel so much better now that you mention all those gross things. :-\ ;D