I am in LOVE! (NLR)

Thread: I am in LOVE! (NLR)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am in LOVE! (NLR)

Oh my gosh you guys.

Last night I took Simon over to the club for a while. Poor guy hasn't been getting out much, I'd had a hard day at work, and I thought a night at the club would be good for both of us. No class, just sit around and watch.

I also wanted to go because my friend has a Ridgeback puppy, Panzer, and last night was his first night of Level 2. So, I thought I'd go be his official cheering section.

I have seen pictures of him but had not yet met him. She's only had him at the club a couple of times, on nights I wasn't there.

OH. MY. GOSH.

I fell head over heels for that boy. I mean SERIOUSLY. He is just stunningly gorgeous. He's one of the ones with liver nose and no black on his face or muzzle, and lighter eyes, so he almost looked Weim-ish. BIG head, BIG feet, LONG tail, 75 or so lbs of love. He was so muscular and fit, but so gentle.

All the Ridgebacks I've met (only a couple, really) have been pretty shy. She said she thought he was on the outgoing side for a Ridgeback. She's worked really hard at socializing him too, of course.

Anyway. Wish I'd had my camera! I would love for you guys to see him. So beautiful!

We have been laughing about how Simon took to him, too. Simon was all over him like white on rice. Play bowing, rolling over, sniffing every inch, spinning around, humping him ( :-[ ).

Panzer was a huge hit with all.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I am in LOVE! (NLR)

Um, isn't it the cardinal rule of JL to carry one's camera with them at all times??

I love Ridgebacks too... when we were living in Stoney Creek, our rear neighbour had a baby Ridgeback, who came home around the same time as Henery. His name was Chico. He and Henery were great monkey pals!!

My very good friend is at home whelping a ridgie litter right now...three so far!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Melissa, see if she will send me one. :P ;D

That's so cool!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Our neighbors had a Ridgeback when I was growing up. He was a little reserved, but seemed a nice dog and I thought he was neat. Right now we have a Mastiff pup coming to class. She is so adorable and already way bigger than Dee. The lady that owns her is very strict with her. Maybe that's a good thing as shortly she's going to be huge, but she is such a cutie.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

They are beautiful dogs ! There is a man that lives here , that has 2. They are both solid, no mask and have those gorgeous lighter yellow eyes. They are VERY VERY well trained, they stay on his property at all times and guard it. They are very friendly when I come over......( I had to investigate some dog complaints at his neighbors, when I was the ACO) once they know you, they don't bark at you when you get out of the car...... their names are "Peaches" and "Cream" !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

I love them too Connie. My friends has a gorgeous RR that Katie uses in the Jr Show ring. He is also outgoing and so physically fit. They really do show off their muscles.