Ender's getting his wings...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ender's getting his wings...

DefaultEnder's getting his wings...

Hey all...I'm going to be traveling down south around Christmas time for about 2 weeks. I'd love to bring Ender with me so I can avoid dropping him off at my parents for 2 weeks (they're old and tired and grumpy). I'll be flying Midwest and everything should be squared away. My biggest concern is that Ender might get a little whiny before or during the flight given the extremely unusual environment he'll be in. Any tips for calming him down, and doggy dramamine I can give him before the flight. I would imagine my best bet is to have him at day care or excercise him a lot before we travel so he's good and tired. Any tips or advice for traveling with a 90 pound pain in the ass? Anything I need to be careful of or watch out for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ender's getting his wings...

Why not let Lindsay watch him?

How long is the flight, Eric?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Why not let Lindsay watch him?

How long is the flight, Eric?
    I was going to say what Amy said...
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The ideal situation WOULD be for Lindsay to watch him and still may be an option. I offered to let her stay at the condo which is closer to work for her anyway. But she's not sure what her schedule is and Thuy may be coming into town as well as her going to Madison. Him flying with me is a last resort if I can't find reliable people to take care of him, but as far as I know, anyone who would be able to walk him on a regular basis would likely be busy or out of town.

As for the flight...it should be about 2 hours. Milwaukee to Atlanta.

Ask his vet ?

BTW...where are some Ender pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by hifive
    Ask his vet ?

BTW...where are some Ender pictures?
    I was told by Ender's Mom to ask you...

Haven't taken a lot of pics lately, maybe I will this weekend. I know Lins has some that she hasn't posted yet.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I've never taken a dog on an airplane but I know others on the board have said that it's not good to give them doggy "drugs" before a flight as they can become disoriented.

I would think that in the winter time he wouldn't be too hot, but personally I just wouldn't feel comfortable with my dog down in a cargo area. If I was put in the situation I'd probably make it work I just don't like the idea of it.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Eh, a 2 hour flight is nothing. I'm sure he'll be fine if that what it comes down to. Sorry, I don't have any personal dog flight experience so I have nothing more to offer. :P

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

BudGirl8 Guest

I think WeHeartLabs has gotten both her pups flown to her when she got them from Labby. She might be able to chime in here.

If you can, PM TobysTrix (Ursula) and see if she can answer you. She just flew her dogs from Houston to Libya.

I have never flown with my dogs but my Springer gets very anxious and will get car sick when we travel by car so my vet gave us Acepromazine for anxiety and Meclizine for nausea, it works very well for her.

I have given my lab the Meclizine and that works fine but if I give her the same 1 tablet dose that I give my springer then she has a hard time controling her rear (that is the best description that I can give...she can't stand up well), and she loses control of he bladder so whatever you use test it out before your trip. My springer is on 35 pounds and handles a whole tablet fine, but my lab who is 57 pounds can only handle 1/2 tablet.

Hope this is helpful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast