No more crate at night . . . need opinions please

Thread: No more crate at night . . . need opinions please

lablimo is offline Senior Member

DefaultNo more crate at night . . . need opinions please

Ok, so Haylee will be five in January. As you all know, she had a bout of kennel cough last week. We let her sleep on our bed with us while she was sick ( . . . you know where this is going, don't you :). She seemed to cough less and just wanted to be by us. Well, we have let her stay on the bed since and she is really no problem. She does not get into anything and stays with us all night.

So, when she boards at Kamp K9 when we need a place for her to stay -- the dogs do sleep in very nice crates at night and if they need some R & R during the day. Do you think this will create a problem or cause confusion for her?

Do most of you let your dogs on the bed at night? I kind of like having here up there with us . Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: No more crate at night . . . need opinions please

Henry is allowed to sleep in bed with me. I rather like it, even when he decides to sleep sideways, or push against me.

He is also crate trained. I don't think it creates any confusion... he has spent the night in his crate (ie. when we are travelling... at a hotel or staying at friends') since being allowed to sleep in the bed. He doesn't much care where, as long as he has a comfy place to stretch out and snore.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Dogs (99%) of them - adapt very well.

Rocky sleeps in bed with me every night. but along the way he's had to sleep in different sitautions. A kennel. A few times his crate. on the floor next to the bed. In a crate next to me, in a crate in a completely different room. He was fine with all of this.

I don't see this creating a problem at all - don't even think (or worry) about it!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I think it will be fine. As I learned with my move they adjust really well. Tal used to sleep in the bed with me and I guess he is more secure because he likes to sleep in my chair in the LR.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your feedback. I think I'll go take that crate down right now! It's a soft-sided one, so it folds flat and it is easy to store. It will give me a bit more room in my bedroom, too! ;D