Leaking Urine

Thread: Leaking Urine

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultLeaking Urine

Sometimes I see two or four drops of urine on Rocky's leg or belly. It's been happening often these days (every two or three days). The smell is sharp as well. I had to wash the cover of my futon (and will have to again today) as it seeps thru the blanket covering the futon. This is about to become a problem as the urine is about to leak thru to the matress. So im wondering if when i'm gone for the day he does more than a few drop (or a few drops now and then throughout the day)

The first two times this happened (months ago) it was after a long exercise outing and happened during a dead sleep so I figured...bah - he was just very tired.

I talked to someone who had him for a long weekend and she said he did it but he had ALOT to drink and seemed to have to pee so she figured he just REALLY had to pee.

In the past two weeks it's been every two or three days. Sometimes soon after a pee, doesn't seem related to exercise either.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Leaking Urine

I'd take him to the vet to be checked out, especially if he's drinking more.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

thanks - that is on my list "to do very soon"

he isn't drinking more. but he drinks very rarely so when he starts he keeps going and going. I tend to monitor and stop him (don't want him filling up his tummy all at once) but he was at a sitters so they let him keep going - but it's all very routine for him

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Good question.
    I was going to ask it myself. Sam has in the past occassionally leaked, but never often enough for me to be concerned, but quite recently the frequency has increased. It's almost like she forgets she has to go and just leaks. It stops when we remember to send her outside after walks, but if we forget she leaks on the couch, the carpet or the bed.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi also does this sometimes, vet checked her and all seems o.k.- usually only happens when she is really tired and sleeping very soundly- I think she just gets so relaxed

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

Harlee leaked when she had a UTI

Quote Originally Posted by dipete
    Sammi also does this sometimes, vet checked her and all seems o.k.- usually only happens when she is really tired and sleeping very soundly- I think she just gets so relaxed
    this is what it seemed like month ago when it was very sporadic.

I am sure I had talked to my vet about this before and she said not to worry - but I will call again and see.

Dakota (almost 9 months old) does this too..when he's sound asleep, snoring away. I figure it's because he's really zonked out. It's only a few drops..when I see it..I wake him up..let him out..and clean the area, till the next time. : Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by dipete

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK leaks under many circumstances. Lostly when she is on her back for a belly rub. Could be that is when I have greatest visibility? She has a tilted vulva, vat said we would wait until she is full grown to decide if a nip and tuck shoul dbe done to straighten it out, or if she has recurring UTIs. I don't know if it may be some incontenance reslting from her spaying. Another potential side effect from early spay. I doubt that I will ever know if I made the right decision on when to spay her, but willsecond guess myself at every opportunity.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.