What to do about dog food?

Thread: What to do about dog food?

DefaultWhat to do about dog food?

Sydney is 7.5m old and this month I didn't get her chicken soup LB puppy food ordered in time so I just bought regular puppy food. I didn't do it gradual switch which I know is my mistake but I didn't think there would be a big difference in LB puppy and puppy and in fact the ingredients are exactly the same. Here is the problem, I started giving this to her thurs or friday. While camping during the wee hours of Sunday am she got the runs, every 2 hours for 6 hrs. Then it was off and on the rest of the day. She was drinking fine and not lethargic so I just did the rice and chicken sunday night and monday am. We started the puppy food up Monday night as her poops were normal again. I fed the puppy food Monday night threw this morning(wed) and now she has the runs again. He poop up until this afternoon were normal. Could this be the food doing this to her or is it an illness?

The difference I found in the 2 foods is this puppy food has 17% fat and LB puppy has 13%, pupp food has 28% protien and LB puppy has 27%. My only other option is to switch her to adult which has a closer fat content as the LBP but could the fat content actually be causing this? I will link the foods in question so you can see the labels.

LBP food http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...puppy_formula/

regular puppy food http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...puppy_formula/

Adult food http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...t_dog_formula/

Thank you in advance.

Jenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What to do about dog food?

She's old enough you can switch her to adult.

Laura

I figured I could switch her but is the fat content of the puppy and adult difference going to stop teh diarreha going on is my question? I want to keep her healthy of course and didn't know if it was the high fat content in the regular puppy that is causing this?

Thanks

Jenny

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Who knows. LOL. It could but I don't have a crystal ball to know for sure. I would rest her gut for a few days by feeding boiled hamburger (or chicken) and rice, then start adding the adult food slowly.

Laura

Thank you. I will try that

Jenny