Walmart Recall - Melamine

Thread: Walmart Recall - Melamine

DefaultWalmart Recall - Melamine

Walmart treats made in China have Melamine in them.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20390237/?GT1=10252

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Walmart Recall - Melamine

Wow. Just say no to China.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

georgie is offline Senior Member

> And that is why I am taking the new dental bone, made in China, back to Petsmart!! Are we EVER going to stop importing this crap from China? >

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

How is this still happening???

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    > And that is why I am taking the new dental bone, made in China, back to Petsmart!! Are we EVER going to stop importing this crap from China? >
    Imports will stop once we stop buying"Made in China". Show your displeasure with your wallet.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Try NOT to buy something from China. Lately everything I've been looking to purchase is Made In China. And it's not all cheap stuff either. I'm disgusted as well, but it's very difficult not to purchase from China, they are the world's #1 manufacturer right now. What I don't get is how we let our country get to this point??? We need to do some serious house cleaning in Washington.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Try NOT to buy something from China. Lately everything I've been looking to purchase is Made In China. And it's not all cheap stuff either. I'm disgusted as well, but it's very difficult not to purchase from China, they are the world's #1 manufacturer right now. What I don't get is how we let our country get to this point??? We need to do some serious house cleaning in Washington.

It is very difficult to find products from countries other than China. I know this all to well as I've tried to avoid Chinese goods for years. I work in manufacturing (automation) and every time a product from overseas replaces a domestic product, jobs are lost.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Some of our 'brand name' clothes, shoes, etc are made in China. Even our plates, cups, etc are made in china!! So its hard to get away from products made in China simply because they make products we like and so the US imports them to here, because its cheaper! They get it cheaper from China and mark up on the price.

A person I use to talk to on MSN Chat said that her friend's mother went to China on vacation, she brought a bracelet for only $50, now in the US, say you see the same bracelet, guess what that bracelet is about $200!! So you see where I'm coming from?