Natural Balance

Thread: Natural Balance

DefaultNatural Balance

Hi everyone! I've been a member of JL for um, 4 years, I think. I guess this is probably my first post since the move to this board (I mainly lurk for my info).

Anywho,I have Auggie (male, 4 yrs) and we have had him on Diamond Lamb and Rice since he was a pup. Well, he has really developed some -- what we think are -- allergy issues. I am typically the one "in charge"of Auggie and his care, but for some reason, my husband made the executive decision to switch his food to Natural Balance duck and potato.

Seems like he is doing OK. But, we just did the switch.

Does anyone feed Natural Balance? If so, how is that going for your dog?

We had been VERY happy with Diamond-- Auggie always had a beautiful coat and no problems. I'm not sure if Diamond changed the formula or what. ??

TIA...
    Lora

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Natural Balance

Hi and welcome. I too have been a member (about 4 years)that lurks more than I post, this board is a treasure of knowledge. I feed Duke Natural Balance and have done so since he was about 4 months old (he'll be 4 years in November). I switched him off of Science Diet. He's done absolutely great. I have tried the Duck and Potato (concern for allergys), but He seems to do better on the Ultra Premium. Of course, he gets a little bit of canned(Duck and potato or Liver) and Lamb roll too. But I've been very happy with the Natural Balance line.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

Paula is offline Senior Member

I used to feed the Venison Natural Balance until it was recalled. I was scared to use any of there food after that. But my sister feeds the Duck and Potato and has been pleased with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I think Natural Balance Duck and Potato is considered a good choice for an elimination diet. Duck is the one protein I'm holding out in case we have to do one someday. I think the boys have been exposed to just about everything else at this point. Just make sure you're not giving any treats that have other protein or carb sources.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Thanks everyone.

One more question...

My husband told me that we should be switching Auggie's food every 6-8 months. ??? Have you ever heard of that?

The husband does a little research online and is now the food expert.