fly catcher?

Thread: fly catcher?

Defaultfly catcher?

When a fly is buzzing around your dogs head and face, do they snap at it and eat it? Mine do... well today Breed did the whole fly catching thing.. Ick... but about a minute and a half after she "ate it" she yawned and the fly flew out of her mouth.. So it had just been buzzing around in her mouth for over a minute.. GROSS! I cant believe she didnt spit or swallow it ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: fly catcher?

Yup.....between Riley and Simba it's a free-for-all zooming around the house to see who can catch the fly first. We get camel crickets in the mud room, which leads to the back door. They only come out at night (yikes, are they cousins to roaches I wonder?)...anyway, as soon as I open the door both kids zoom out there to catch the crickets before they scatter.

Nick & Nora are the same! They pursue a fly with the same vigor they would chase a squirrek. It makes for some interesting moments.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes Baxter definitely is!! The other day on our walk he started sticking his nose in the brush along the trail that we walk on. The first time he did this one or two moths flew out of the brush. So from then on every few feet it seemed he stuck his nose in the brush/bushes and even shook his head so the moths would fly out then jump up trying to get them. But yes flies or any other bug for that matter. Don't think he eats them though... just goes after them.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

she yawned and the fly flew out of her mouth
    Eeks, reminds me of that movie the Green Mile!

Pitch attempts to catch flys, but he is horrible at it.