A cute incident with Dakota
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A cute incident with Dakota

DefaultA cute incident with Dakota

It probably isn't that great a deal..but we thought it was just so damn cute. Last night..about 4 I fed Dakota, but..since I've been having PC problems..I went back to our "pc room". About 10 minutes later..I hear a faint low whine, I look by the sliding door..nope..he's not there to go out..so I walk towards the kitchen. There is Dakota sitting all perked up..in the laundry room, where I keep his biscuits, I'd forgotten to give him his after dinner biscuit. He was sitting straight up, all eager eyed..just waiting for Mom to come and give him his treat. We thought it was just so damn cute...no barking just one little whine to remind Mom..and then a perfect sit till I got there. Ok..well..I just wanted to share that moment.
    These dogs are amazing... Jackie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A cute incident with Dakota

Cute story! Polite reminder for Mom who is obviously suffering from some early dimentia.

I give HK some kind of special treat around 9:00 PM. She gets it right in front of the sink on a mat we have there. She always has to do something before she gets it, often not much more than a half dozen doggy pushups.

So what happens if i am sitting at the kitchen table, getting close to 9:00 and not obviously preparing something to give her. She goes to the mat, sits up, bright eyed, ears perked, staring at me for a few minutes. No response will invoke a single bark, continued lack of action will generate a second bark. Last night, I wanted to finish the chapter of Marley and Me that I was reading, and she got me. The doggy pushups started. DW told me to look at what HK was doing. We cracked up and probably did the wrong thing. We gave her a double treat.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

How cute

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

See..now I know they're related..being that they look so similar.(Just kidding) That's so cute what HK did..and I do the same thing..if he does something really cute..he gets a tiny bit extra.
    Jackie ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    Cute story! Polite reminder for Mom who is obviously suffering from some early dimentia.

I give HK some kind of special treat around 9:00 PM. She gets it right in front of the sink on a mat we have there. She always has to do something before she gets it, often not much more than a half dozen doggy pushups.

So what happens if i am sitting at the kitchen table, getting close to 9:00 and not obviously preparing something to give her. She goes to the mat, sits up, bright eyed, ears perked, staring at me for a few minutes. No response will invoke a single bark, continued lack of action will generate a second bark. Last night, I wanted to finish the chapter of Marley and Me that I was reading, and she got me. The doggy pushups started. DW told me to look at what HK was doing. We cracked up and probably did the wrong thing. We gave her a double treat.

Very cute story. It's funny the things the can remember when they want to.

One night after I was in bed I heard a far off barking. It was just one bark. Then a few minutes later another bark. It wasn't an alert bark and it wasn't a distressed bark. It was just a single normal bark. It took a second for me to become full awake and for me to realize it was my Rottie who had gone to the backyard. He had gone out for a drink during the night and the water bowl was empty. He was barking to tell me to come down and refill it. They are so smart. ;D

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

We have such dumb animals. Or is that they have such dumb owners that require reminding?

Other end of the lead issue.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

That's adorable! They're so darn smart, aren't they?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

So cute..and darn smart. Kelly will whine/bark at her water dish...or move it on the floor if it's empty. Dakota will try to pick it up..or just sit and whine..but..when he sits..he sits facing the sink..LOL..darn dogs are too smart. Amazing, totally amazing.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Very cute story. It's funny the things the can remember when they want to.

One night after I was in bed I heard a far off barking. It was just one bark. Then a few minutes later another bark. It wasn't an alert bark and it wasn't a distressed bark. It was just a single normal bark. It took a second for me to become full awake and for me to realize it was my Rottie who had gone to the backyard. He had gone out for a drink during the night and the water bowl was empty. He was barking to tell me to come down and refill it. They are so smart. ;D

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awwwww that's just too cute!!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Yes they are! Dakota still amazes us. WE always thought Kelly was a smart dog..but Dakota has her beat.
    We never knew we could love a dog as much as we do Dakota, and we've had our share of dogs. That doesn't mean we don't love Kelly, we do of course, but for some reason..Dakota just..seems so special to us. I hope you know what I mean.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    That's adorable! They're so darn smart, aren't they?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast