Duke is heeding the rattle can

Thread: Duke is heeding the rattle can

DefaultDuke is heeding the rattle can

Duke's behavior at the dog park continues to improve now that he listens when I rattle the shaker can. He immediately stops whatever he is doing, sits, and looks at me. I always then call him over, lavish praise, then release him to go have fun.
    Yesterday I had the can in my pocket and slapped it when Duke started to think about mounting another dog. He sat and came when I motioned to him then I let him rum. A lady standing next to me asked about the can so I pulled it out of my pocket to show her how it was made. I looked over my shoulder to check on the boys and there was Duke sitting over twenty yards intently looking at me. I don't know how he even heard that can as I took it out of my pocket but he did.
    Duke is making me proud.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultRe: Duke is heeding the rattle can

What is this can you speak of? I need one!

What is this can you speak of? I need one!
    Take a clean dry aluminum can and drop in fifteen or so pennies then tape the entire can up with duct tape. Duke was trained at a boarding training school so I do not know the exact technique that they used but I would think you would shake the can and give the sit command. Praise and treats as needed. Repeat. Soon your dog should sit when he hears the can rattle.
    Duke had not heard that can rattle for five years when i brought it out but he immediately remembered it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

Well, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to teach her to stop doing things she shouldn't be doing and that sounds like a good one. Thanks!