In dog language, does putting on shoes or tying laces = kiss me! kiss me! ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In dog language, does putting on shoes or tying laces = kiss me! kiss me! ?

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultIn dog language, does putting on shoes or tying laces = kiss me! kiss me! ?

Everytime I change shoes or bend over to tie shoe laces, Puff takes this as a sign to start slathering love and kisses on my face. It's really hard to get shoes on while you're thrust astride a Lab and all you can see is a red tongue and maybe feel a beating tail

Any others experience this or is Puff an exception, an outlier?
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: In dog language, does putting on shoes or tying laces = kiss me! kiss me! ?

Definitely the rule, not the exception in our house! I've learned to look out, because I butted head with Violet one day when she came running to help with my shoes... I wound up with a huge forehead bruise and a big knot but she escaped unphased. Those are some hard skulls they have!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: In dog language, does putting on shoes or tying laces = kiss me! kiss me! ?

My girls both do it. It's like a sign for them to take advantage of me. Kinda like your nose itching when your hands are dirty. They catch you when your vulnerable. ;D It never fails to make me smile.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I don't have the kissy issue, Lexi barks at me.

It seems she automatically thinks she is accompanying me wherever I am going when I bring my sneakers out of the bedroom. It starts out subtlely with her bouncing around usually jumping on & off her chair. When I grab my car keys it becomes a full fledged high pitched excited bark until she is loaded into the car.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Mocha does this too it's really hard to get your shoes on when you have a lab sitting on your foot.

Bailey does this too!
    As soon as you bend down to tie your shoe she's over there giving you kisses or sniffing her nose through your hair (mine is longer & hangs down when I tie my shoes).

For Otis it's not really the shoes, it's when you're trying to put your pants on! He has to have that moment to come over and lean on you for loving - not good when you're already off balance!

Mine have a LOUD game of bitey face under my nose so I can't see what I am doing! Then one or both sit on a foot! Great fun!

labby is offline Senior Member

It must because I deal with the same thing, Bob.

Laura

pj

yep!
    theo loves to charge in for a big kiss and then promptly turns around for me to scratch his behind.
    yet another lovable labby trait!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast