Just Labradors banner

Pet notifications ??

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Paula 
#1 ·
After just reading the thread from Paula about the house fire I was curious. Does anyone have that little magnet, sticker at the front door that tells how many animals and people are in the house?

I have it, but havent filled it out or put up. I am going to make sure I do this today?

#8 ·
I have three of these up...one on the back door, one on the front door, and one on the bay window to the kitchen.

Now, would anyone ever stop to look at it? I dunno. :-\ But at least I tried.

#14 ·
Yep. Fire is my biggest worstest fear in the whole world. Specifically, Henery being home alone in a fire.

So, I had my alarm system centrally wired for fire, so if it goes off, it notifies ADT and the fire dept, so a much faster response time than say if it took a neighbour to notice, and then call 911.

I also have the ASPCA decals on the front and side windows by the doors.

I've heard that you should put one on your electrical box too... because that's the first place the firefighters will go, to turn off power to the house.

#15 ·
I don't have one up. But my biggest fear is if anything ever happened, they would probably shoot my dogs. :( My dogs would bark at anyone trying to get in and Harley and Duke would most probably attack. :mad:
That has always worried me. I have tried to work with Harley and now Duke but they are just so protective of the house and yard. I could get them under control if I was able, but if something happened and I wasn't here or physically able they would guard the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.