Petsmart Doggy Camp

Thread: Petsmart Doggy Camp

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultPetsmart Doggy Camp

If anyone remembers I posted about Petsmart Dog Hotel and their Doggy Day Camp. I took Billie there out of desperation last week, needing to get her at least SOME exercise. We spent the weekend out and about as the heat finally broke a bit. She even got to go to a picnic and amusement park for the Fireman's Relief Fundraiser. She had a blast and was such a good girl!

They were nice, and she did get some exercise. But their play areas are small and I guess the dogs are rotated in and out. Spending time in kennels otherwise. She won't be going back there.

I found another place...much better. I'm going to check out another one too. I guess I just had to talk to a million people and word of mouth would help me find these places...they're sure not easy to find in the phone book or on the web!

This is the first one: www.puppysplaypen.com
    and the second: www.dogsworldoffun.com

I've seen the Puppys Playpen and I'm going to try them first. I have to go check out the World of Fun next. Any thoughts on them? I am a total novice to this daycare thing. Everyone I have talked to has little tiny dogs so daycare for them is a totally different experience. I need Lab perspective.

TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Petsmart Doggy Camp

Leah, my son works for Pet Smart and he said as nice as the Doggy Day Camp is....that it is really better suited for smaller dogs.
    They had 2 Labs and an English setter there at the same time..and these 3 wanted to really rough house and the size of the play area just is not suited for playful, rowdy labs.

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultRe: Petsmart Doggy Camp

I think that's exactly it. I thought they were sooo nice and the facility was great...but I was surprised to see so many big dogs going in. It just seemed like a little dog kinda place once I really got to thinking about it. Feel pretty dumb now...I guess desperation overruled my judgement at that point.