A visit from JL peeps and dogs today! Boy is Tucker gonna be surprised!

Thread: A visit from JL peeps and dogs today! Boy is Tucker gonna be surprised!

DefaultA visit from JL peeps and dogs today! Boy is Tucker gonna be surprised!

About a year ago, Oona's dad pm'd me with a really sweet comment about Tucker. Since then, we've become friends, and keep in touch. Earlier this year, he said he was going on a trip from NY to Michigan (Oona with him)...and was thinking of coming here, on the way out or back, to meet Tucker and us. I said sure!

Oona's dad's involved with rescue, as Joe Maringo is, and he admires what Joe does. I told him Joe only lives about an hour from me, so I invited Joe here too, today. He said he'll bring 1-2 labs (don't know who). So we'll have 3-4 labs here.

Hub's coming home at noon....Joe will get here early this afternoon. Oona's dad called awhile ago...he was out around Toledo OH (he's on his way back from Michigan), and should get to our area around 1:-2:00. I'm gonna meet him on a highway nearby so he can follow me to our place.

We have the pond where we could take the dogs swimming.....plenty of balls, frisbees, even a few treats for them. We're cooking steaks on the grill (for us peeps), delicious corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes, baked potatoes and cantalope...all from a local farm. Joe said he'll bring some of his homemade salsa.

Who'd a thunk it?? Rain today, with thunderstorms this afternoon. :-\ 'Course now we prob'ly won't be able to grill the steaks outside, so they'll have to settle for me (gulp) making 'em in the broiler in the oven. ;D And, we may all be stuck inside. But, it'll still be fun!

We can't wait to meet them! Tucker's gonna be sooo surprised, and excited! I'll post any pictures we take.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A visit from JL peeps and dogs today! Boy is Tucker gonna be surprised!

How wonderful. I bet Tucker will be exited to have some friends over.

Don't forget to take pics. Lots of pics.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

pj

DefaultRe: A visit from JL peeps and dogs today! Boy is Tucker gonna be surprised!

awww, how awesome!
    can't wait to hear all about it and pls pls post pics!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Have an AWESOME time! Say hi to Joe for us and take loads of pictures!

PS-Tucker is going have a Lab Fest hangover tonight when everyone leaves! I know my guys always crash hard after one.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Hope everyone has a wonderful time

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you have a great day planned! I can't wait to see pics.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

lablover is offline Senior Member

Have a great time!!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Tucker is going have a Lab Fest hangover tonight when everyone leaves! I know my guys always crash hard after one.
    Isn't it great?!?! ;D ;D ;D
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748