I'm moving and it's stressing the dogs out. (long)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving and it's stressing the dogs out. (long)

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm moving and it's stressing the dogs out. (long)

I returned from vacation last Sunday, and Monday morning I found out I had to move. I was planning on moving at the end of the year, so I knew a move was in my future, I just didn't expect to have to do it so quickly. :-\ I've lived in the same apartment for almost 10 years. I love the space I have and right out my back doors there is a huge, partially fenced in grassy area where I play soccer, fetch, etc. with Brigetta. It's nice because I'm the only one who uses it, so I feel like I have my own back yard. I'm involved with community meetings, etc. However, the building is older and I wanted to move to a newer place when my lease was up.

Many of you know that Brigetta was found on the property where I live, I took her to a local rescue, and ended up adopting her myself. Well, I had to get permission from management because I knew that she would eventually surpass the height requirement for dogs. She agreed, not long after she left. I of course spoke with the new manager about Brigetta, everything was fine. I told her that I was not going to renew my lease for 2008. Right before I left for vacation, I found out a new manager had taken over weeks before. The day I got back, there was a letter citing me with a fine for Brigetta being too tall and that I would have to have her removed by 8/11 (I came home on the 12th) or be evicted. I called the manager first thing Monday morning, I asked her if we could work something out, I've lived there for years, Brigetta had been there for a year and a half, etc. She told me she knows how people get attached to dogs, that she raised miniature schnauzers, but Brigetta had to go or I had to be out by the end of the month. It is completely my fault for not getting it in writing from the previous manager.

I started packing Monday night. Of course I was very stressed and the girls picked up on it. Poor Brigetta does not do well with change and was having loose stools, and Prudence was throwing up her food and hiding under the bed. I called my vet and they had me with hold food from Pru for 24 hours. So now, whenever I'm packing I try and play games with Brigetta- having her do figure eights around the boxes, etc. It's amazing how much better the are when I'm calm!

Now that I have to move I also want all new furniture I have a lot of mahogany and cherry antiques. I want to go with more of a modern, comfortable look.

Wish us luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm moving and it's stressing the dogs out. (long)

Sorry your new building manager is an complete and total @##$wad. Good luck with the move, I hope it goes very well.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear about this very stressful situation. Like TangerineFizz said, the new manager is a total asshat for what he/she is doing.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry. Can't believe they can have dog height requirement for apartments. : Ridiculous.

I wish you, Brigetta and little Prudence Good Luck with the move.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

oh what a nasty shock to come back to, hopefully you and the will girls have a happy ending very soon- good luck with your move

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

BudGirl8 Guest

I'm sorry to hear about your idiot manager!! I've heard of weight limits but never height??

Good luck with the move. I know it sucks, but hopefully your new place will be even better.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Good luck with your move. Have you found a new place that will accept the dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineFizz
    Sorry your new building manager is an complete and total @##$wad. Good luck with the move, I hope it goes very well.
    Unreal... and my sentiments exactly. I'm so sorry this is happening to you >

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good luck with the move

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone! At first I was kicking myself in the... for not getting it in writing. Now I'm just mad that she won't work with me after I've been there for so long. All because of 5 or 6 inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy5475
    Have you found a new place that will accept the dogs?
    I haven't yet. I'm looking at both houses and apartments to rent. Right now I'm moving the majority of furniture, etc. into storage and I'll be staying with my sister and her family. They asked me to move in so I didn't have to rush into a new place. I'm with them most weekends anyhow and they have a spare bedroom. My sister and I are really close. We fought like crazy as kids, but are like best friends now. After past roommates and boyfriends, I've always said that the next person I live with will be my boyfriend/husband, so this will be interesting

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast