He PASSED!!!!!! (and other news!!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He PASSED!!!!!! (and other news!!)

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe PASSED!!!!!! (and other news!!)

I am still glowing from the events of today!!!

Baloo PASSED the CGN (Canine Good Neighbour) test!!!! He was so frickin' awesome today I don't know if I can believe it, I think I'm still in shock!!

Because he's only five months, the evaluator said that his passing the test will probably not be recognized by the CKC (she thinks they have to be 6 months to get the title) so we probably won't get the fancy certificate or letters behind his name or anything, but to be honest, I don't even care!! I truly went out today just for the experience for him, I totally did not expect him to pass, the fact that he did is just so amazingly awesome that the lack of certificate really pales in comparison. (besides, we can always do it again when he's over 6 months, now that I know he can do it!! )

Funny story from the test: During the "supervised seperation" portion, I could kind of see the dogs (with their "stranger handlers") through the car window that Felicia and I and the other two owners were hiding behind. Out of four dogs, three were scanning the crowd, looking for their owners, behaving perfectly well, but you could tell they were a little nervous. What was Baloo doing, you ask? Well, between attempts to con his "stranger handler" out of non-existent treats, he was snacking on the all-you-can-eat salad bar that some might call "grass." I don't even think he noticed I had left!! :-[ ;D

And we got to hang out with Henery and Felicia today!!! That was so cool, Felicia is so super nice and fun and Henery is such a character! I would have been so totally lost without you guys, I'm SO thankful you were there!

On a different note: There was a Conformation fun match going on before the CGN testing took place, and.......

drum roll please.......

Baloo won Best of Breed and Best of Group!!! (*clears throat*...... he was the only dog entered..... so he was first out of one!! ;D)

Now bear in mind, I know absolutely zero about Conformation showing/handling, besides what I've seen on TV, observed, etc. The lady that was handling a poodle encouraged me to sign up, as I would be the only one entered, and therefore take home all the prizes!!! (Baloo got some fun new toys and a couple ribbons!) She lent me a show lead, and off we went!!

It was a lot of fun, slightly embarrassing, but the judge was really nice after I told her that we'd never done this before!! Because we "won" Group, we also got to show in Best of Match. He did surprisingly well, was very well-behaved, but during the part where you run away from the judge and then run back toward them, Baloo decided that nature was calling, and couldn't wait. He took a big pee right in the middle of the line back to the judge!!! And we're not talking about just a little piddle, it was a good 30 seconds or so before he decided that he was finished. : :-[ ;D

So, all in all, we had a FANTASTIC day!!! I'm so proud of my little man I could just BURST!!! ;D

Now, he's totally wiped out. Been sleeping like a log.... I guess success really takes a toll...
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: He PASSED!!!!!! (and other news!!)

Well done Baloo! He's such an adorable boy, I think he'd win even if he wasn't the only one entered.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!! What an exciting day for you!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

That is Awesome Baloo!!!!!!! So proud of you. Heck when Nature Calls, you have to answer!

WOOHOO KATE AND BALOO!!!!!!

Gosh, he was awesome today!! I'm still laughing about him going to town on the grass with his "stranger". heh heh. I'm sooo glad you came, wasn't it fun?? He's got some ring presence, your boy!!

I have a ton of good pics... I'll email them to you! (PM me your email again!)

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Well done little fella you've made your momma proud

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!

Brookville, Pa.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

Gosh, he was awesome today!! I'm still laughing about him going to town on the grass with his "stranger". heh heh. I'm sooo glad you came, wasn't it fun??
    It was SOO much fun!!! I can't wait until we can get in with companion and really start "showing" and what not!!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Congratulations. Sounds like you & Baloo had a great day.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Baloo!!
    Congratulations to the both of you!

What a fun day for all!
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast