Somebody stop me...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody stop me...

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultSomebody stop me...

...looking at breeder websites...for chocolate lab puppies

Mom is approving...dad is iffy. Somebody stop me!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Somebody stop me...

GO, go, go!!!!
    Oh, woops, was I suppose to stop you from thinking about cute fat little puppies. ;D

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Can't stop you...I only wish I could be doing the same. Good luck searching.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyandMolly
    ...looking at breeder websites...for chocolate lab puppies

Mom is approving...dad is iffy. Somebody stop me!!
    Hmm... All I can say is....... GO Mom!!!! ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

We're not going to run out and get one today, but we would like to have one by early 2008....so far I've found 1 breeder that has a litter planned for then. Going to fill out the questionnaire.
    *Stacey*

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyandMolly
    We're not going to run out and get one today, but we would like to have one by early 2008....so far I've found 1 breeder that has a litter planned for then. Going to fill out the questionnaire.
    Hee hee, good luck!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Ok, um, stop? I can say this b/c right now my 2 torpedos are running like maniacs through the house . Literally, so STOP all of this puppy talk RIGHT NOW!!!!! STOP STOP STOP. It's late, so just stop, ok?

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

Just wanted to say that just because you think you will be ready by early 2008, doesn't mean you have to have a puppy then. Please wait for the RIGHT puppy - contact a few different breeders, find what you like, research temperaments and working ability, even looks. Don't pick a puppy because it just came around at the right time and was planned for then. Please take the other breeders into account - who knows, maybe you'll find a very special gal or boy that you just have to have a puppy from. Also, a lot of breeders do not post litter announcements or plans until the litter is do. Some breeders don't update their websites regularly (the breeder's whose website I am updating now, had previously gone un-updated for 2 years - with the same available dog on the page and no new puppy announcements). Contact the breeders that you seem to like and see if they have any plans not mentioned on their site.

Just my 2 cents - oh and also, unless everyone is in agreement you should not get the pup, so maybe slow down your search to 1 webpage a night!

Quote Originally Posted by EMA
    Just wanted to say that just because you think you will be ready by early 2008, doesn't mean you have to have a puppy then. Please wait for the RIGHT puppy - contact a few different breeders, find what you like, research temperaments and working ability, even looks. Don't pick a puppy because it just came around at the right time and was planned for then. Please take the other breeders into account - who knows, maybe you'll find a very special gal or boy that you just have to have a puppy from. Also, a lot of breeders do not post litter announcements or plans until the litter is do. Some breeders don't update their websites regularly (the breeder's whose website I am updating now, had previously gone un-updated for 2 years - with the same available dog on the page and no new puppy announcements). Contact the breeders that you seem to like and see if they have any plans not mentioned on their site.

Just my 2 cents - oh and also, unless everyone is in agreement you should not get the pup, so maybe slow down your search to 1 webpage a night!
    Oh I know. I was just saying that it's not something we're going to rush out and do. There aren't too many choc. breeders in our area (Maryland) so I'm going to have to check other neighboring states (PA, and NJ)

I'm also going to keep an eye on the local rescue pages as well for younger dogs and pups that might fit well with us. This isn't something that I take lightly at all.
    *Stacey*

Tanya is offline Senior Member

LOL

i'll help you stop if you help ME stop. I am NOT getting a second dog but look at rescue sites every two days and regularly search for breeders in my area!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast