FYI...about Nylabones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI...about Nylabones

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultFYI...about Nylabones

I just got back from Petsmart. I needed a new Nylabone knot for Abby. She had one end chewed to a point. : I rememebr when ALL Nylabone products had "Made in the USA" on them. Well I got the Big Chew Nylaknot" & I thought I would try the new Nylabone Dental chew. Two ends are Nylabones with a blue rubber center. After I got in the car I was looking for made in USA. Well to my surprise, the new Nylabone Dental chew, at the cost of $23.99 is made in China. >
    The Nylabone Big Chew Knot is made in the USA, thank goodness. It was $18.99

Well the Dental Nylabone is going in the garbage. After all the crap with stuff made in China I am not taking any chances. Geesh....not much made in the USA anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: FYI...about Nylabones

Georgie - return it!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

labby is offline Senior Member

I would return it also and explain why.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I would return it as well. And I have started looking more closely at labels now. Not only food but other products. After Mattel Toys recalled a bunch of stuff I figure lots of stuff made in China isn't up to par.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I guess we are getting close to China bashing time. I don't know how many of us are old enough to remember cars from Japan all being junk. Rusted ot in two years even if used in AZ. I guess country of origin is going to be high on my list for just about everything for a few years. Made in China is a non-purchase. The governement will get the message and crack down on the producers. The stories that I have been reading are a direct reflection on the mamnagement of the companies involved. Anything to get a prodct out cheaper and not with cheaper or more efficient labor. They are taking out the quality of the material, and substituting cheap chemicals to enhance a feature that end up killing people and animals. Might be time for our governement to set up equal standards for imported product and fund the agnecies with the responsibility to inpsect for compliance.

No, I don't work for the government, but do work on government projects.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Huh! I get one gigantic "power chewer" Nylabone about twice a year from Target. All seven dogs share it (I tried doing one apiece but they prefer sharesies) and everybody has been fine with that. Hmmmm!

Seamus and Flynn

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Georgie, return that Chinese bone! I check anything that Riley eats or chews now...if not made in the USA, I don't waste my money on it.

I agree Georgie...take it back and tell them why. I'm not buying any chews, toys etc if not made the US.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I'd return it and then email the Nylabone company and tell them you intend to only purchase products made in the good ole USA. I know that we are doing that now. Can't trust them to have high enough standards. When it's out of your own country, you lose control. Maybe the US will recognize this as a wakeup call. ???

Puebla is offline Senior Member

Just return it, Georgie. They'll take it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast