Stupid People

Thread: Stupid People

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultStupid People

There is a truck parked in front of a house down the street that has a sticker on it that says bad boy...bad dog. I thought I bet this guy has a Pit. There has never been any signs of any dogfighting around here. This morning Tal and I walked a little different way and sure enough, tied out in the back of that house was a Pit. I think that dog would have attacked Tal if it had not been tied out. I remained calm, but very alert, and we just walked on. Tal just thought another barking dog.

There were no scars on anything on the dog but I thought man if you need a "bad dog" to seem tough and need to advertise it, you must feel inadequate, especially in certain areas. Never met the guy but automatically I thought "jerk".

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stupid People

I have to agree.... the word "JERK" sums it up.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I think it's a world wide thing- I'm from England and although i hate to stereotype, 9 out of 10 people who are "strutting" their stuff with Pitt bulls or Staffordshire bull terriers are the sort of people i would class as irresponsible dog owners. It's like they have them as some sort of status symbol that they think makes them look a tough guy- So sad for the dogs though

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Not chewing you out, so don't take it that way, but you can't judge the dog and the man by a decal. He might be a decent man, and not all Pitbulls are "Bad" Dogs. My last dog was a Pitbull/LabX He was the sweetest boy going. Though I didn't run around with bumperstickers on my vechile saying he was a bad dog either

Take for instance the stickers my Lab is smarter than your honor student...is that true? Maybe in some cases!

Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    Not chewing you out, so don't take it that way, but you can't judge the dog and the man by a decal. He might be a decent man, and not all Pitbulls are "Bad" Dogs. My last dog was a Pitbull/LabX He was the sweetest boy going. Though I didn't run around with bumperstickers on my vechile saying he was a bad dog either

Take for instance the stickers my Lab is smarter than your honor student...is that true? Maybe in some cases!
    I agree completely. And I had seen the truck parked out on the street and figured the dog was a pit, although before today I had never seen a dog at the house at all.

A couple of things I saw today were what led me to that opinion.

1. The dog was on a tie out and no one was in sight.
    2. The dog was literally lunging at Tal and it was not for play.

Also agree that Pits can be the gentlest dogs with the right owners. It is the bad owners who make bad dogs. I really hope I'm wrong, but taken all together I'd be really surprised if I were.

georgie is offline Senior Member

You are probably right about the guy. I think I would walk in another direction though.

Sounds about right...not that I judge a person for the breed of dog but when I work at a dog adoption event I always know which customer will stop and say hi to the pitbulls and they are the same people we deny the adoption to. Unfortunately this breed of dog usually ends up with an idiot for an owner which then leads to more dog bites and more bad press.

I would find another walking route. I recently took a different walking route with my dogs and this HUGE rottweiler was lunging towards us on his tie-out. I thought to myself, if that thing breaks I am letting my dog's leash go and letting them fend for themselves. :P I am such a wuss!

This was the first time I took that route and not doing it again is good advice. There are plenty of other ways to go that are just as good. I just thought it a little different and a new experience Tal and I could have together. Oh well, there's lots of other, safer, stuff to explore!

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

I think the decal needs an update is all. It should say "Bad owner, bad dog".

It's funny, my uncle is the kind of guy I would have expected to have a pitbull or similar, he's big on his tough guy image. Imagine my surprise when he told me he'd got a west highland terrier. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by lubmylabs
    I think the decal needs an update is all. It should say "Bad owner, bad dog".

It's funny, my uncle is the kind of guy I would have expected to have a pitbull or similar, he's big on his tough guy image. Imagine my surprise when he told me he'd got a west highland terrier. ;D
    That's funny about your uncle. Alot of tough guys are that way in the appropriate situations but when it comes to family, friends, etc. they are surprisingly soft.

I'm not much on bumper stickers of any kind really. But stickers like the one on this guys truck, or my football player can beat up your honor student and stuff like that seem arrogant to me and imho are out of place. Just my .02.