Coco's at it again!!!!HELP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coco's at it again!!!!HELP!!!

DefaultCoco's at it again!!!!HELP!!!

Do some of you remember when i posted about coco freaking out in the middle of the night and growling and barking?
    well for a week i moved her kennel to the entryway of our house, and it's just SOOO in the way, i cant have it there anymore. So last night i moved her kennel back beside the other two and coco was going at it again!!!
    BUT this time she was physically ATTACKING the side of her kennel, she got in BIG BIG trouble from her daddy last night which shut her up for an hour...then the last time I went out there and threatened to stick her happy but in front of the door for a while, which seemed to work...didnt make a peep after that!
    (i put her in front of the door when she growls at the other pups or when she's naughty because she thinks she's "miss thang" and queen of our labby house"
    I have NO WHERE to put her kennel that isnt in the way, except next to the other two!! but i cant have her doing this everynight...any suggestions again to help her KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF!!!!
    thanks in advance!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Coco's at it again!!!!HELP!!!

There must be a 3 square foot space in your house/apartment away from the other dogs. Its not fair to the other two or Coco to force her to sleep in a situation that is obviously so stressful for her.

well there is...smack dab in the middle of every room...but i just cant have her kennel out in the middle of the living room or kitchen.
    it's really weird thats it's suddenly so stressful for her because for her ENTIRE life her kennel was either beisde cainan or corona, and a WHOLE month she was fine right next to them then one day she decides she fed up with it....??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

If I were in your shoes, I'd move some furniture around - there must be a corner you can give Coco.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    If I were in your shoes, I'd move some furniture around - there must be a corner you can give Coco.
    i feel like im giving in..to what she wants, then she thinks she's queen again, is that the case because she is so dominant i just feel like im makin her worse by giving into what she wants?

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    Ditto. Re-arrange the living room or kitchen or something, but let her sleep solo. If she had freedom to wander about, I'm sure she'd choose to sleep away from the other two.

I don't consider it "giving in to what she wants, then she thinks she's queen again". The dog is clearly, as Kaytris said, stressed out, and she's making the other two stressed as well.

I'd just move your stuff around.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

ill give ya a little backround on what we've been doing the last couple weeks so it might not be as confusing...
    I just recently read about the NILIF(nothing in life is free) and about 2 weeks ago, i was buckling down and doing everything i could to make them work for EVERYTHING...
    then someone gave me some advice(might of been on here actually) about putting coco in another room or a place when she shows dominance over the other two, TOO much!
    so everytime she growls at the other two(ex: corona will be sleeping in the same spot for an hour, coco will walk into the living room and lay down 3 feet away then growl and expect corona to move)
    When she growls when they play...i just let it go because their playing and coco is pretty vocal, but I just started about a week ago putting her in front of the door when she growled for no reason like that...
    and THATS when the growling at night in her kennel started.
    I see thats she doesnt want to be kenneled next to them, but SHE'S making the situation stressful on herself...i just dont get it because...
    she's almost 18 months old...cainan and her even shared a kennel when they were little sometimes and when they werent sharing a kennel, they were kenneled right next to each other, then when corona came along 6 months later...they ALL were still kennel next to each other, why after a little over a year is she starting this now?

momofalab is offline Senior Member

What about covering her kennel with a blanket, so she can't see out it, would that help?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

but i just cant have her kennel out in the middle of the living room or kitchen.
    I can understand not in the middle of the kitchen, I guess, but the living room? I agree with the "move some stuff around" group.

Haha! I moved our coffee table up against the wall, beneath the windows so the dogs have more roaming/lounging room. It looks totally stupid but I don't care. I'm not in this for Architectural Digest photo ops.

Seamus and Flynn

She's growing up, and for whatever reason, she doesn't want to share her space with her housemates. Not a big deal, just adjust your living space to accomodate her needs.

My older girl doesn't like sleeping close to the other dogs, so she has her own bed or she sleeps on the sofa - it took some training (by me and by Kaylie) with Sophie, but she now knows that she doesn't irritate Kaylie by trying to snuggle... Feeding time also takes some organizing, as Kaylie won't eat if her bowl is too close to the others'.

Part of owning more than one dog is recognizing that each is an individual, with their own likes and dislikes and personalities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast