Any thoughts?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts?

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultAny thoughts?

Has anyone ever used the Petsmart PetHotel?

I cannot for the LIFE of me find a doggie day care that is anywhere near where I live or work (that isn't run by crackheads - just to clarify. There IS one near here that I know the arresting officer...long story). However...a girl I work with has taken her little dog to a Petsmart for doggie day care and was pleased. It would be a different one than the one I used but I didn't know if anyone here had any experience with it.

Here's the link. http://www.petsmart.com/petshotel/ddc/index.shtml

I'm stopping by on the way home tonight. I am desperate at this point - Billie is rampaging at home and who can blame her? We can't even play ball anymore since we have no yard, there aren't any dog parks around (the ones that are the next county over are not fully fenced - NOT happening) and I am at a loss as to how to make things work. Walks aren't cutting it.

Thoughts, concerns, input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Any thoughts?

Budgirl, where are you located?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Skubaa Guest

Where in KC do you live---downtown? Grew up in Parkville--just north in MO. Gawd I miss KC.

The heat must be keeping you indoors a lot. There are a lot of parks in KC last I remember.

They may not be dog parks, but they are open spaces. You could put her on a 50 ft training lead and play frisbee keep away with her and a friend. It would give you long enough rope to keep/get control of her. We used it in our back yard before we did the electric fence.

We had 2 dogs in a townhouse situation (60 pounds each). We used to take them to the nearest tennis court and let them chase eachother and us around. We made sure they did their business outside and it was usually off season so no one was using it. My shep/lab mix used to chase me around the net until he finally jumped it. Almost killed himself one tie catching his foot in the net. It was fenced in and they got a good run.

Good Luck!

DG

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

Sorry it took so long to reply...went home after looking at the day care. Looked good and they were sooo nice! I'm going to take her there tomorrow for a trial run. Unless anyone has had any bad experiences?

I'm in Bonner Springs/KCK near the KS Speedway and Verizon Amphitheater. Skubaa, I lived up north when I first moved here, almost in Claycomo. I spent the next year in Waldo/Brookside and now I'm out in Bonner.

I have a raging fear of open spaces with this dog. She has gotten away from me before. We are surrounded by I70, K7 and State Ave. If she got away, she's toast. We do have a tennis court in the park though...I'll try to find some off hours and see about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I don't really like the idea of my dogs pooping and peeing inside...

Skubaa Guest

LOL Trickster.

If you do the tennis court thing, make sure the gates close properly. Kelly, my previous dog, got out once looking for me. I came home to my husband walking with the leash in his hand. I found him in the park across from my house. I called him and he came running. I didn't know whether to scold him or hug him----hugging won out.

Good Luck with the doggie daycare. Expect your doggie to be pretty worn out when you get em home.

DG

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I don't really like the idea of my dogs pooping and peeing inside...
    this is the main criticism I have heard; the dogs don't go outside at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BudGirl8
    I have a raging fear of open spaces with this dog.
    I totally understand this. I would never in a million zillion years let Tatum loose in anything that wasn't securely fenced in, even with a check lead.

If you go with the tennis court idea, please be cautious. The pavement on those things can get crazy hot and Billie could burn her paw pads.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

BudGirl8 Guest

See this is where I feel like I can't win. Walks are absolutely useless with this dog. I could walk for hours with her and she comes in and looks at me like "yeah ok, what can we tear up NEXT??!"

She needs free play with other dogs and time off leash playing ball. Lots of it.

If you are going to do the tennis court thing you might want to think about dog booties if you are going to play fetch. Their pads can get really torn up if your not really careful.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

What about off leash walks? are they an option? because if the only option for my dogs was leash walking let's just say that I wouldn't posses an inch of sanity...

this is the main criticism I have heard; the dogs don't go outside at all.
    Wow. Could you imagine boarding a dog there for two weeks or so? two weeks without stepping outside...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast