Murphy's Law....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy's Law....

DefaultMurphy's Law....

(Okay, the following is a little gross but hell, we all own dogs and have lots of vomit/poop stories. This is my story!)

When a dog vomits in the house, the location of said vomit is directly proportional to its "consistency".

Eg: If it's watery, it lands next to the floor furnace/air conditioner vent, thus leaking into the ductwork & circulating the odour throughout the house....at 0240 a.m.

Ugh.

Cooper had the runs late last night before I went to bed. I purposely slept with the bedroom door open so that if he needed an urgent visit to the backyard during the night, I'd hear him whine. Got that wake-up call (along with the odour) at 0240 hrs. In my haste to shut off the house alarm before opening the door, I didn't bother with the kitchen light, just the hallway light. As I stepped over by his crate to flick on the patio light, I stepped in a cold puddle of vomit...in my barefeet. I was suddenly wide awake. He dashes outside, I hop over to the sink and wash my foot. Go upstairs and get my glasses. Come back downstairs and then I realized that there is a huge puddle of poop in the hallway & up the wall. How I didn't step in it as well, I have no idea. 45 minutes later, I finally finish the cleanup. And yes, the vomit was not only next to the air vent but DOWN the vent as well. I think that's the first time I have ever had to wash the inside of ductwork....

At 0530 hrs I awoke to another whine but this time it was daylight (!) and no mess in the house. He managed to get outside and do his thing. He did have a snack after I went to bed because his bowl is half-empty. I opted to stay home today because I didn't want to leave him here alone in this state. He has been drinking water and has had about two other visits to the yard but I think the worst is over. He wants to play - he has dragged every stuffed toy he owns out of his basket and placed them strategically throughout the house so that I have to kick them out of the way - clever, but I'm not giving in!

I am taking full responsibility for his case of the trots. It was his 5th birthday on the 29th of July but he was in the kennel on that date as I was out of town. When I posted his bail on Monday and brought him home, I cooked him a steak on the BBQ for his "birthday dinner". This was something we did on his first birthday and have continued to do it every year. Anyway, I cut it all up and he ate it with glee on Monday night. So....I think this is the reason for his many visits to the backyard. Shame on me. Thought I was giving him such a nice gift. I guess this is one of those gifts that keeps on giving!

Bev.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Murphy's Law....

Ohhhh NO!! :-X It was the poop up the wall that got me. :-X

Poor Cooper... hope your tummy is feeling better today!! I bet it was worth every bite of that steak dinner!

Happy belated 5th birthday!!!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope your feeling better soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

what a night! :-X
    thanks for sharing it with us ;D
    happy birthday, cooper!

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Poor Cooper - and poor you!! :-X

Sounds like time for some pumpkin, or boiled chicken and rice.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

k8show is offline Senior Member

Crappy birthday, Cooper!
    Katie and Boo

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Hee hee.... not laughing at you just with you laughing at the poop actually... haven't we all been there...
    Last week I was also being nice to my pup and chopped up some ham to put in his dry food in the morning, as a treat. He loves it. I had some too (of the ham, not the dry food..). Came home at lunch, walked him. Went back to work. Had a bit of an upset stomach and thought oh-oh... maybe the ham wasn't good anymore. Had to work a bit late and instead of coming home after 5, I came home at 6:30. Open the door to my condo and the smell just hit me in the face... despite the A/C running. Yup. HUGE pile of diaherea in front of my wall unit, in the living room, on my cream carpet. And not just that, picture this, left wall - sofa, right wall - wall unit, in between - balcony window. So, as Saba is a little "walker" HUGE and I mean HUGE pile of watery poop in front of the wall unit, then, drips (a mixture of bigger and smaller) in a U like shape all the way from the wall unit, in front of the balcony windows to the front of the sofa. Ended with another bigger pile. Took the dog outside right away and he had the runs few more times that night. I felt so bad, it was my fault for not realizing the ham wasn't so good anymore. Had to call my brother to help me clean up as I was gagging... and I have a pretty strong stomach. Shampooed my carpet 3 since then (thank you Bissell for inventing the little green machine! and I'm glad it all came out and the smell is gone. Thankfully Saba was smart enough not to walk in it and carry it all over the house. It was all contained in the pretty U-shape in the living room....
    So I feel your pain :-X

Ohhhh noooo! Happy B-day anyway, Pooper, I mean Cooper! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by lab lover
    Ohhhh noooo! Happy B-day anyway, Pooper, I mean Cooper! ;D
    LOL Yeah! ditto that!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Oh I feel for you and Cooper. Been there done that will probably do again sometime in the future. UGH not a fun thing to wake up to. Not a fun thing at any time :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast