Tal as a lapdog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tal as a lapdog

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultTal as a lapdog

Tal has decided he is now a lap dog on top of everything else. Goober. Last night and tonight when I was watching some TV, he puts his front paws in my lap and starts to lick my face. Then rests his head on my chest. It will be a little more comfortable when I get my sofa in the next few months so I don't allow him to actually crawl up in the chair with me.

He will get down when I ask and the only thing I disallow is him putting his paws on my shoulders. This is something I never thought I would see!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Tal as a lapdog

Clarence is a lap lab too. He looks the other way when he's coming up onto my lap (he's only allowed on the sofa when there is someone on it--we're getting a new tomorrow though so we'll see if he's allowed up at all) like I won't notice him if he's not looking at me! I love cuddling with him-who knew that labs were lap dogs?

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

lol...in a way I think its kinda cool. I never thought I would have an 80 lb lap dog!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinnamon is a lap dog....my father sang her to sleep while he rocked her the first night home at 8 weeks old and that started it. He still holds her and makes up songs for her.

Champ is a lap dog as well. The process of him getting up goes something like this:

"I'm just gonna sit here in front of you and chew my kong. Hey, it'd be easier for me if I put the kong in your lap and chewed it, 'k? Oh no, the Kong fell back to the back of the couch, so I'm just gonna put my front paws up here so that I can reach the Kong. Oops, there it goes again, over to the side of the couch, I'm just gonna climb up here to get it. Welp - now that I'm in your lap, might as well stay here, right? Ok? Please? I won't be a bother, I'll just curl up right here and chew my Kong. Its settled then? Ok."

We have one of them also. But him an Lexie fight over who gets Rita's lap, Lexie had just had a bath here and when Grandma got her dressed she sent here for a brush. "Ok she got down, shuffle yer feet, loose yer seat." ;D

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Yep have a lap lab here also- I end pretty much everynight on the computer with my pup laying on my lap! Luckily for me she only ways 65lbs. and not 80 or more!

Tal just wants to be with his Dad!

And Glen,

That picture of Lexie and Rowdy competing is an absolute hoot! You are truely blessed.

Pekoe used to be a lap dog extrodinare which is a no-no for a Guiding Eyes puppy but she kind of out grew that. But just yesterday she came over and got kind of half way in my lap, with her head up against my chest. When she got down she looked at me like, "Remember that Grandma?" (I am the Labs' grandma BTW since my daughter is the raiser! Since she's only 17 I'm glad the grandkids are dogs!) I'm gonna miss Pekoe when she goes!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Mitzi is my lap dog. Every morning she sleeps on my lap when I'm on the recliner. Just bought this recliner last year, but wish I had seen what they now advertise as cuddle recliners - extra wide recliners. That would be large enough to accomodate Mitz, Judy, Duke and me. (I wonder if they come in leather.)

(Cinnamon with grandpa is just the cutest!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast