product endorsement

Thread: product endorsement

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaultproduct endorsement

I had been looking for sweet potato treats for a while. I found some that were almost like cookies, they were so thick, dry, and crunchy. They disappeared like cookies, too. :-\ Then I found these on Drs. Foster and Smith, and they are great! Last a bit longer even with my power-chewer, and they even look tasty.

Healthy Snax™ Sweet Potatoes
    * Natural dog treats made with real sweet potatoes
    * A healthy snack for dogs full of vitamins and minerals
    * Satisfies your dog's sweet tooth with irresistibly sweet taste

Your dog will love the sweet, satisfying taste of fresh, all-natural, dehydrated sweet potatoes. These delicious, healthy dog treats are rich in Vitamins A, B6 and C as well as manganese, copper, potassium and iron. Great for medium to large dogs, or easily break apart into smaller portions for small dogs. These natural, meat-free dog treats are the perfect solution for vegan or vegetarian dog owners. Approx 4-1/2".

Please click on "More Information" for ingredients, guaranteed analysis, and feeding suggestions.

Here's the 'more information:'
    Healthy Snax™ Sweet Potatoes
    Ingredients: Fresh, 100% dehydrated sweet potatoes.

Suggested daily serving for dogs: Feed one piece a few times daily as a treat. As with any treat, always offer fresh water after feeding.

Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein 2.0% min.
    Crude Fat 0.80% min.
    Crude Fiber 2.5% max.
    Moisture 22.0% max.

Keep out of reach of children and pets to prevent unwanted consumption.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: product endorsement

HEY!
    Those sound good. I will have to try them out one day. We are currently giving sam "Sams Yams". Have you ever heard of these? They are made by front prorch pets and are all Sweet potatoe with no added ingredients. He absolutely loves them ;D and they seem to last a little longer than a regular cookie. View them at www.frontporchpets.com
    Let me know what you think!
    Chris

Those are the ones I tried before, and with my power chewer they didn't last much longer than a cookie. :-\ These look fresher and seem to last a few seconds longer. Buddy loves anything edible, so it really doesn't make a difference to him. What I did notice with the Sam's Yams, his poops had pieces of orange in it, but with these other ones the poop itself has an orangey color to it and no blobs of yam, so maybe these digest a little better.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

Cool, another treat to add to the list. Last time I went to the gerocery, Boo got more treats than I did!
    Katie and Boo

We make our own

Serated knife

Thick slices

Dehydrator

Much cheaper

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I have been very tempted to buy the sweet potato treats, but I am just so scared of Angus biting off a big hunk and that it wouldn't dissolve. :-\ I know this isn't a problem with everybody, but if anyone was going to have this happen it would be Angus. : Have you tried putting them in a glass of water and seeing how long it takes for them to get soft? Maybe you could do a little experiment for me

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

patm is offline Senior Member

How many are in a package? I give my 2 a large Milkbone dog biscuit every morning when I leave for work, and would like to find something "healthier" to feed them, but it needs to be a little harder to last at least half a minute!, bigger, and not terribly expensive - they go through a large amount of these things.

I got the two pound tub for $11.99. There's enough there to fill (stuff!) three quart-size Ziploc bags and some left over. I plan to put an apple slice in each bag to make them a bit moister, hoping they will then be chewier and not disappear quite so fast.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Hmmm...sweet potato cookies. I'll have to try those.

I buy sweet potato bark (and liver bark) for training treats. The dogs go crazy for it.

http://www.tigertailfoods.com/fooditems.php (towards the bottom of the page)

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hmm.... so this means sweet potatoe baby food would be OK for stuffin' kongs? provided that the only ingredients were sweet potatoes and water, of course.

Also, kinda related, has anyone tried sweet potatoe fries? (for humans ) they are to DIE for!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!