What a whiney little brat he is!!!

Thread: What a whiney little brat he is!!!

DefaultWhat a whiney little brat he is!!!

So, as some of you may know, I let Marlan sleep on the bed with me while SU is out of town. He just got home a couple of days ago after a 31 day trip. During that time, little Marlan has become quite partial to the bed! I just wanted to share with you how the last few nights have been for us:

Day 1 - Marlan sleeps on bed all night because Dad falls asleep early and Mom doesn't have the heart to kick him off. He takes up almost all of Mom's side of the bed.

Day 2 - Mom realizes how dumb of an idea last night was. Dad sends Marlan off bed to his pillow. Marlan wakes Mom up at 12:30 with his whining. Silly Mom thinks that Marlan has to pee. She drags her a$$ out of bed and he doesn't even follow her to the door. Mom and Dad wake up suddenly at 5:30 and Marlan is laying in between them with his head on Dad's pillow. He then proceeds to cry and whine until Mom finally wakes up at 7:30 (on a Sunday!!!!!)

Day 3 - Mom and Dad put Marlan to bed on his pillow. He then wakes up every two hours and sits by Mom's side of the bed whining until she wakes up as well. She repeatedly tells him back to bed and he goes. Only to wake up again after two hours. Finally at around 5:30 he wakes up again, and Mom attempts to ignore him so that Dad will deal with it this time. Marlan jumps up on the bed and starts to stall by licking his butt and pretending to be so tired and well behaved. Dad makes a pathetic attempt to get Marlan to move, but gives up and nudges Mom to deal with it. Mom gets Marlan off the bed - but is very angry about it!

On the way to work, Dad mentions to Mom that he is going to deal with this problem by kenneling Marlan tonight. Mom disagrees. Whatever will Marlan's future hold??

<To be continued>

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What a whiney little brat he is!!!

LMAO!!! I'm sorry, just remembering ...

When Bill first went out of town, Shadow was allowed to sleep on the bed for the very first time. She was NEVER allowed on the bed (or any furniture) before, and at this point it was by invitation only. The first time Bill came home for the weekend, and she was not invited up, I got the whole comedy/drama act. Shadow stood next to my side of the bed, breathing heavily, ears perked, poised to jump, waiting for the invitation. I told her to go lay down on her bed. She sat down with a thump against the side of the bed, big sigh. More sighs. (Bill and I are stifling giggles during the entire process) Finally, Shadow flopped down on the floor with a thud and a HUGE, long, drawn-out sigh. Sometime during the night she made the transition to her own bed when she realized we were not swayed by the drama and not changing our minds. After that, Shadow knew that when Daddy was home she had to sleep in her bed and she didn't question it. And she always waited for me to tell her it was okay to get up on the bed.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Oh yes, the dramatic sighs. I forgot to add these for affect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

They can sound almost human, can't they?
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah - the drama they can conjure up when they want something :