Do you ever find yourself threatening them like they were children?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever find yourself threatening them like they were children?

DefaultDo you ever find yourself threatening them like they were children?

My SIL and I were taking Cinnamon and Cierra to the dog park Sunday night. We had barely left my house when Cierra started barking at a lab walking his owners. It continued for 1/2 a block so SIL shouts "don't make me have to pull this car over and come back there". Needless to say I started busting a gut laughing....my mum use to threaten her HU with that all the time as we had a station wagon when he was little.

Now Cinnamon being the smart lab she is was saving her energy for the dog park and sitting quitely behaving just like her mum when she was a kid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you ever find yourself threatening them like they were children?

hahhaaaaa! those empty threats sound very familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrock
    hahhaaaaa! those empty threats sound very familiar.
    Very familiar here too!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

I was making dinner yesterday and dropped some spinach onto the floor. Boo came an licked it but didn't eat it. I scolded, "Boo finish your spinach!" He came back and grudgingly ate it. ;D Silly little furkids.
    Katie and Boo

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

When Sundance is being a butthead and ignoring me, in my best mom voice I call out, "TYRONE!" which was his name as a puppy. He always whips his head my way and knows he's in trouble if he doesn't stop what he's doing. It's the equivalent of a parent saying their kid's first and middle name to show they mean business.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

No, but my kids are accustomed to me telling them to LEAVE IT and SETTLE. They still need work on NO SNIFF, though......

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

My DH is worse than me. Every saturday when we take Duke to the park (and he knows where he's going) he gets excited and starts his "whine" talking...Den yells at him to "settle"...or..."do you want a headlock?"(nothing drastic)..."if you can't behave I'm taking you home".
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

It didn't work with the kids and it doesn't work with the labbies. I try anyways.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Heehee, Karon!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

LOL! Yep, all the time. Sometimes it works too!
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast