Boarding in Baltimore area

Thread: Boarding in Baltimore area

DefaultBoarding in Baltimore area

I have to go to Baltimore this weekend and will need to board my puppys 1 night. Is anyone from that area and can recommend a safe kennel that will let them play & exercise them. I've been checking on the internet & found For Pet's Sake on Falls Road. They say they have wading pools, exercise runs, etc. The only thing that bothers me is that they want to feed them the kennel's food (Science Diet sensitive stomach) and mine eat Wolf Cub. I have no other choice but to board them on Sat. so I want to be sure I placing them someplace safe. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Boarding in Baltimore area

Wont they feed your food if you provide it? Most places will do that if you dont use the food they have on site, they ask you to bring it and they will feed it. Put it is measured out ziploc baggies.

I got so much info from them when I called to check them out, I forgot to ask if I could bring their food, duh. So I called back & they will feed my food for an extra charge. I don't have a problem w/paying extra to make sure I know what the dogs are eating but I thought that was a little strange.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I've never heard of an extra charge for feeding your food lol...It cost them less :
    But..it is important to not have the dog's food be changed like that. Odd policy

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Don't be so upset about the extra charge.

Something else for them to keep track of.
    Assumption on their part should be that this dog has special needs (maybe allergy, maybe sensitive stomach, maybe something else.) So owner wants to provide food for dogs sake. Therefore, they take the responsibility seriously to be sure the dog gets the right food and feel they deserve compensation for the added responsibility.

OR SO I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Oh, I'm not upset about the extra charge. I want to be sure they are getting what I normally feed them. I just thought the same as WeHeartLabs that it would be cheaper to feed our food.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Bring them to me here in Ocean City :P

Seriously though. I'm from Baltimore and we haven't boarded in a long time. Where in Baltimore will you be? Downtown there is Charm City Dogs (never been there nor do I know anyone who goes there)

Up in Joppatowne (Harford County area) there is a place called 'Best Friends Furever'...I've been there and know people who take their dogs there...it's a GREAT place. Their website is: http://www.bestfriendsfurever.com/index.htm

eta:
    I've heard of For Pet's Sake...I just hate driving anywhere on Falls Rd lol it's a very congested area
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)