A little upset about a post.....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little upset about a post.....

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultA little upset about a post.....

Is it just me.... am I over reacting.... but it seems rather scrupulous to join a forum and have less than 10 posts and ask for someone to take your dog and the first person that responds has even less???

I dunno - it just didn't sit well with me. These dogs are supposed to be our pets, companions and loves. Not a materialistic item that can be just disregarded. I just can't understand why people would buy a dog for someone else and then turn around and want to 'get rid of it' on a lab forum they have just joined only for the reason of giving it away...... :'(

Sigh, my rant is over....I think.....
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A little upset about a post.....

Did the post get pulled? Because I just looked for something fitting that description and can't find anything.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

It must have been deleted? ???
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Felix Guest

A dog is for life, not just for christmas :-X

nikita is offline Junior Member

I don't see anything wrong with the person offering the lab and the one wanting to take it in. If you had a problem with the post, better you reported it to the forum admin instead.

patm is offline Senior Member

It did seem a little odd, but my take on the general idea is that if a person really doesn't want, or can't take care of a dog once they get it (or get it for someone else - usually not a great idea anyways), then find it a good home with someone who WILL love it. Many, many people really just don't realize what it takes to properly care for a dog, especially a large, active breed, and they don't look at them as non-disposable members of the family. Some people get dog after dog and then "get rid of it" for some reason because "the dog just didn't work out". I have no respect for people like this - but there are more than we would care to know about.

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

I dunno...I'm glad she found a home for it I guess. They could have brought it to a shelter...instead, this dog will be going straight to a loving home. And someone that just lost their friend was able to find a new one quickly.

Hopefully she will think twice about buying a dog for someone again. :-\ Not usually a good idea, especially with a lab!

Skubaa Guest

We usually judge others by the footprints we put in the sand. While you would never even dream of doing what the original poster did, it sounds like that person is trying to do what is best for the dog. I see what they are doing a step better than dumping it in a shelter. They recognize the dog isn't getting what it needs where it is and would be much better off somewhere else. Better now than when it has become totally destructive and out of control from lack of training and excercise. I believe it all happens for a reason.

Because they are new to the forum, do you believe they may be faking it or something is screwy---it may be. But, if it gets someone to think 10 more minutes before they get a lab, maybe it prevents someone else from the same scenario.

DG

At least they came to a LAB forum where there are lots of lab loving folks to look for a home for it and DID NOT dump it at a shelter. And.....think about it...a labrador puppy for his grandparents (WRONG)...and he lives in an apartment and probably has a very busy schedule. I hope those two were able to hook up and the puppy now has a good home. And for those new people here thinking "GASP" at what I'm saying...I did lab rescue for some time and most all of my dogs are rescue, so I'm not just talking off the cuff here. At least the pup was not stuffed in a crate for hours on end all day ... he made a good decision looking to a lab forum for a lab lover to adopt the puppy. Okay, I'll step down now!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast