How would you feel?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you feel?

DefaultHow would you feel?

I just got an email from a girl on another forum stating her dog just had puppies and she's keeping a brown one, she then continued to express how eager she is to name her pup Coco-Bean!
    She told me she thought she was absolutely BRILLIANT for coming up with this all on her own when she realized that my member name was that of Coco-Bean!
    I dont exactly know how to feel about this. I mean YES i know, their dogs names and their really isnt enough in the world for everyone to be their "own" doggie with their "own" doggie name, kinda like kids.
    BUT just for the record...i dont really like kids, babies, children or any other name you want to call them, im just not a big fan of them so i treat my dogs MORE then just the average PET or FAMILY MEMBER, their more like my kids because thats all i really want in life...to just have dogs.
    So...i think i may be taking this a little harder then i should but i kinda wish she never emailed me...makes me feel like she's stealing MY dogs name! even though coco's NICKNAME...is Coco-Bean....but it's HERS, not anyone else's!
    How would you guys feel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How would you feel?

It's going to happen, especially with a name like Coco ( no offense at all meant here) It's just a pretty common name from my perspective with chocolates, and well, chocolate does come from cocoa beans.........

My advise is to let it slide - you probably live 8,000 miles away from this person, and probably won't be directly affected by her naming her dog the same as yours.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineFizz
    It's going to happen, especially with a name like Coco ( no offense at all meant here) It's just a pretty common name from my perspective with chocolates, and well, chocolate does come from cocoa beans.........

My advise is to let it slide - you probably live 8,000 miles away from this person, and probably won't be directly affected by her naming her dog the same as yours.
    Yes, I agree.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lol, i know it's common unfortunately but when i named her i SPECIFICALLY told my boyfriend to take off the A at the end of cocoA, because she's black not chocolate.
    her dog IS chocolate and she's still taking the darn A off the end lol

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

I don't think it would bother me at all. I have never meet another Mambo, but I am sure there is another out there somewhere. Maybe take it as a complament that you had a really cool name.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Just a heads-up: I'm naming my next dog "Mambo."

Seriously, it is one of my favorite names on JL...

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    Just a heads-up: I'm naming my next dog "Mambo."

Seriously, it is one of my favorite names on JL...
    ;D ;D ;D

But I was told Mambo's name is spelled wrong and it should be Mombo..WTH. I gave him the name. ;D

labby is offline Senior Member

Gee, naming a chocolate dog Coco. Where ever did they get the idea? LOL

Laugh it off or next time come up with a more original name.

The only time I warned someone I was naming a dog the same name that they had was when I named Seamus. I emailed Nance to tell her. I had the name picked out for years. Unless you make up your own language someone is bound to "take" a name of one of your dogs eventually.

Laura

Im just sad because it's like her "special nick name"!! Im such a sap!!
    and she's black lol

Funny this came up...we were talking about names for our spring puppy and SU came up with Henry. I told him that Clarence had a friend on JL named Henery. I said I wondered if the Labramonkey's mom would mind if we had a Henry too (spelled differently though!)....I wouldn't mind if there was another Clarence. I"d take it as a compliment!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast