This made my day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This made my day

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis made my day

First thing I do when I get home after being away is, of course, let Tal out. He usually wants to play fetch but today it is so hot after he did his business he went back to the door and gave me a look like I am going to melt if I stay out here any longer.

From the looks of the national map everywhere is pretty warm right now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This made my day

Its tough out there for the black labs. That black fur attracts the heat.. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo
    Its tough out there for the black labs. That black fur attracts the heat.. ;D
    Oh yeah! I usually take him for a walk in the evening after the sun goes down. It has been in the high 70s by then up until a day or two ago. For now, we'll just have to settle for the morning game of fetch unless we go to the lake! I don't want to take any chances on any heat caused problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

You know its hot when they want to come inside. mambo loves it out. But mid day he doesn't even want to go out and go potty.

We've been complaining about so much rain over the last two months but that rain has kept our temperatures down a bit. Today with clear skies we have hit 95 degrees and the heat index with the humidity makes it feel like 105.
    Even when yellow Duke is in the sun I can feel his coat heat up so I know the blacks and chocos must heat up even quicker.
    We are down to short trips to the park, after dark walks, and plenty of AC in house survival time.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Yes, it is HOT HOT HOT here too.

We are going to start feeding the boys a little later so their after-dinner walk will be later too. For our sake and for theirs.

The air quality in the TN Valley in August really, really sucks. I was out for a while with them Saturday morning, then felt like I was getting a cold all day. Turned out it was just from breathing that funky polluted air. :-X

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Here in NE Ohio, mine don't want to be outside either.

I know I am a wierd person but I like the hot weather. I tolerate it well, but then I am not covered in fur either! This is getting to the point though where it is a little too hot even for me.

I am sooo thankful for a/c but I am dreading the bill next month. I don't think my a/c has stopped all afternoon and I have it set to 75!

Why don't you all come visit me on the central coast of California. It's gorgeous and I have 40 acres. Maggie would love the company. I'm sorry for you guys and your pups. I'll BBQ for ya'll tonight! On my oak pit.

Quote Originally Posted by hifive
    Why don't you all come visit me on the central coast of California. It's gorgeous and I have 40 acres. Maggie would love the company. I'm sorry for you guys and your pups. I'll BBQ for ya'll tonight! On my oak pit.

I'll be right over! **"Hello? Northwest Airlines?"**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast