A Story to Tell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Story to Tell

DefaultA Story to Tell

Hi everyone - Happy Monday!

I wanted to share a remarkable story with you - that I hope will touch you the way it did me.

Last Thursday WIK received the following email:

"Better than five years ago we rescued an 8 week old rottweiler advertised in our local paper and named him Mitchell. A few weeks later, I called the family to tell them the Mitchell was thriving only to find out one of his littermates had not yet found a home. With an aching heart, my husband and I returned to adopt Max who was thin and lethargic. Upon an immediate veterinarian examination, we were told that Max was malnourished, and needed love, food and time to catch up with his brother. There was a nine pound difference in the brothers at 11 weeks of age. Mitchell became ill at 8 months of age, refusing food and water, and was rushed our local vet, where countless tests were performed. After a 24 period of hydration and many tests we were told the Mitchell was suffering from Addison's Disease. He has since been on a regimen of Percortin injections every 28 days supported by a 5 mg cortisone tablet daily. Six months later his brother was diagnosed with the same disease. Max's pharmaceutical regimen is the same.

My husband and I sacrificed so much over the last five years to keep the boys healthy. Their percorten shots come to almost $250.00 a month. Both boys over the years have had both back knees repaired from the crutiate being torn. We have cared for these dogs serving their every health need. I have contacted Novartis, the company who manufactures percorten to no avail hoping for their assistance.

My husband died April 27th of this year at the age of 46 from cancer. He was self employed with no life insurance and a business in debt. I am a secretary at the local college with a humble salary that will barely support me let alone the dogs. I am in desperate need of assistance to continue to care for these 2 dogs whom I love dearly.

I am asking for whatever help you can give me. If you cannot help me, would you know of another resource I could turn to? Their medical history can be reviewed at ---------. They have received all of their medical care at this facility. I look forward to hearing from you."

I figured the least I ould do was call Novartis US Animal Health HQ in Greensboro - from there I was connected with the local sales rep for Novartis and she placed a call on Thursday afternoon to the man who runs the Percorten Charity Case program.

Today they called to tell me that the family had been accepted into the program - all their Percorten needs will be sold to the Vet at cost less 70% - meaning the family will now pay less than $35/month.

Now you can read this and decide to go off on the markups and the money - but I prefer to look at this and see that big business still has a heart - and stepped up and stepped in to help.

Made me feel good that I was able to participate in this happy ending

Kate

With Sincerest Hope,

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Story to Tell

a great story! i'm glad this lady is getting help.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Thank you for taking the time to help her. I hope the discount will help her take care of her fur babies the last thing she needs is to loose them too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

That is a great story. Heartbreaking sometimes, but a good story. I'm so glad someone was able to help this woman and her dogs out.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I loved this story. Kate, you really do rock. It was so awesome of you to take the time to help this woman.

Isn't it interesting to think how something that was simple for you - just a phone call to the right person - was insurmountable for her? One little act of kindness really did change her life - dramatically.

God bless you, sweetie. :-*

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful family caring for their dogs. I am so glad that the company is going to help the lady with the medication for her dogs.

bibber is offline Senior Member

What a nice story. Thank you for helping her.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Wonderful - big business or not - they're helping someone who is trying to help themselves - and can't do it without help! God bless you and her - and her puppers too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast