I am just loving it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am just loving it.

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am just loving it.

I am not sure if he just grew up overnight or the real Mambo has made his appearance. But Wow. Mambo is behaving so well.

He keeps shocking me with his behavior. He listens to commands almost all the time now. He has formed a relationship with ALL of the cats. They actually will cuddle up now for a nap. He has slept in our room for the past few months. Never tried to get up on bed unless we said ok. Slept perfect in his bed. Doesn't even get up now until we do.

Jerome let him out and he had the run of the house for a few hours the other day. All went perfect. Jerome got brave and a few days later let Mambo have free roam the whole day. He was loose in the house for over 9 hours. House was perfect. Not even his Bunny on the floor was moved. We than tried again the other night for about 6 hours while we went out. PERFECT.He has also been giving some off the leash time. Not much, but it's a start. LIke getting out of the car and waiting at the front door for me to open.

When we take him to the beach. He is actually staying by me and really just wanting to swim and retrieve. In the past I would be chasing him up and down the beach trying to keep him out of trouble. ;D ;D

We have been walking Mambo every morning. I would say it's about a mile and a half. I am guessing that really has helped. Or maybe he is just growing up and become a big boy. He is 17 months now.

Just wanted to share. Can you tell I am proud of him?? ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I am just loving it.

Gee...let me think..YES we can tell you're proud of him..LOL. Way to go Mambo!!! I'm waiting for the terrible time with Dakota..he's just over 8 months old. So far..so good..but I know he may bet rebellious soon.
    I hope Mambo keeps up the good work.
    Jackie

What a good boy Mambo !!! ;D

Amanda your little boy is growing up !!! Dakota says "alright dude" we need to get together soon !!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcfehr

Amanda your little boy is growing up !!! Dakota says "alright dude" we need to get together soon !!!
    Mambo woul dlove to hang with Sweet Dakota. Just let us know when you are heading our way and we will meet you there.

k8show is offline Senior Member

Good work, Mambo! You have every right to be proud of him, and yourself. Someone taught him how to be such a good boy, right?
    Katie and Boo

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

:-* MAMBO :-*

What a good handsome boy he has grown up to Amanda.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfehr

Mambo woul dlove to hang with Sweet Dakota. Just let us know when you are heading our way and we will meet you there.

I would love to get together too!! WTG Mambo!!

Well lets get together and make a date. I would love to meet Dakota and see Willow again.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I am of two minds on this post.

Part of me wants to say, "WTG, to all three of you! You've obviously done a great job of being consistent and clear with Mambo, and now he's old enough to settle down."

But--since I've been there--part of me wants to say, "Watch out! It's a trap!" ;D

Quote Originally Posted by theoconbrio
    I am of two minds on this post.

Part of me wants to say, "WTG, to all three of you! You've obviously done a great job of being consistent and clear with Mambo, and now he's old enough to settle down."

But--since I've been there--part of me wants to say, "Watch out! It's a trap!" ;D
    LOL..

Thats what I said to Jerome. Mambo was once a free man to roam the house. Way to early. But he was good for awhile. Than WHAM. He showed it wasn't time.

But I am thinking its for real this time. He never listened as well as he does now.

We are going to put him through another OB class and than a few more. We want to do agility with him, but he isnt very good yet off leash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast