Is your dog in any events?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your dog in any events?

coco-bean is offline Senior Member

DefaultIs your dog in any events?

Just curious to see who all has put their dog in events?
    Cainan will start agility training in October and my boyfriend wants to do dock jumping with coco. just looking for opinions and what ever else has done or wants to do thanks!
    <br />http://myfur-family.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is your dog in any events?

If only "bed hog" was considered an event... :

Good luck with your training!!
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo starts competition puppy training in early sept.

I hope to do Rally with him, and maybe traditional obedience as well. I'm thinking he'll be a little on the hefty side for success in agility ( ) but depending, I think that would be fun too.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Let's see...

Henry is currently competing in Rally and Obedience. We started competing in Rally last year, and he has already earned his CARO rally novice title, and is 1 leg away from both his AKC and CKC rally novice titles! Rally is sooo much fun!! Henry really seems to enjoy it and I plan on taking him through all the rally levels (god willing!).

We've just started competitive obedience this year. He has 2 legs towards his PreNovice title, and we'll be trying for AKC novice legs in September, and CKC novice legs in October.

I'd also like for him to try for his CGN (like the US CGC).

When he was younger, we took an intro to agility course and it was a lot of fun as well, except he got really spooked by the teeter (methinks the way the class was taught that it was too much too soon). He never did get over it (his fear) and balks in front of the teeter every time.

Dock jumping looks like so much fun, and same with flyball! Oh, there aren't enough hours in the day!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    I'd also like for him to try for his CGN (like the US CGC).
    Me too!
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Hey Kate, the Grand River KC is having CGN testing in two weeks in Cambridge... you know, in case you want to bring Baloo! It's $25 and you can register there.

Here's the linky: http://www.grandriverkc.com/FUN-MATCH-FLYER6.pdf
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Caleb & I are taking Rally classes. We started out in traditional obedience classes last fall (puppy and beginners), but my heart wasn't in it (obedience was something special between Mick & me). We kind of got into Rally by accident, but are loving it. I'll get into tradional obedience with him, too, but probably not for awhile. Now I'm thinking into getting a Working Certificate on him, too (thanks to a breeder I know through other boards. LOL).

ETA- Oh yeah, almost forgot- I'd like to get his CGC and also get him certified as a Therapy Dog. Not sure he'd want to sit while the kids at work read to him like Mick did, but Caleb would be awesome for physical therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Hey Kate, the Grand River KC is having CGN testing in two weeks in Cambridge... you know, in case you want to bring Baloo! It's $25 and you can register there.

Here's the linky: http://www.grandriverkc.com/FUN-MATCH-FLYER6.pdf
    I PM'ed yah.
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

I PM'ed ya back!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Tristan was meant to be my sport dog, but elbow dysplasia put a quick end to those hopes. We tried formal obedience but after scoring a whopping 25/200 at our first and last match, I retired Tris to the couch.

Sophie will be starting agility trials this fall or winter assuming my training schedule continues as I've planned (trainer issues).

Re teeters and Henry - yeah, I bet the class went too quickly. We're still playing bang games* with Soph, and have just started getting her to work on the contact position on the end of the teeter board. We won't start introducing the whole teeter package until she is entirely comfortable with the noise and the movement of the board when she hops on the end of the board.

(*bang games consist of first introducing the noise of the teeter at a distance the dog can tolerate, paired with a treat or tug game. Moving closer as the dog ignores the bang, you work to get the dog hopping on and off the board happily, then work on the desired contact position. Susan Garrett's method.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast