Cleaning up the Black Fur
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning up the Black Fur

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultCleaning up the Black Fur

My vaccum is running daily, sometimes 2x a day to keep the fur cleaned up off the floor. I have Linolium in the kitchen and hallway. Broom isn't cutting it with the fur. Have any of you tried the Swiffer vaccum for floors? Or what do you all use to keep the hair cleaned up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Cleaning up the Black Fur

So far Tal isn't a major shedder. But for the kitchen I use the Swiffer vacuum. It has a rechargeable battery and works really well for me.

All other floors are carpeted, even the bathroom, and I just use the regular vacuum.

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

We turn on the house fan and let the breeze make big black dog hair tumbleweeds. Then we bet on which one will roll the fastest and farthest!

We have all hardwood except the kitchen which is fake wood. I use an old mop with a damp paper towel - but it has to be done at least once a day if I want the house to stay relatively clean looking. I'm too cheap right now to buy a Swiffer. We do have a rug in the livingroom which is vacuumed.
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I use the dry Swiffer on my tile floors and vacuum the rugs which are about the same color as Nellie. It helps LOL. Also when she's blowing coat I try to take her outside at least 2-3 times a week and brush her which I think is the trick to less hair in the house.

We turn on the house fan and let the breeze make big black dog hair tumbleweeds. Then we bet on which one will roll the fastest and farthest!
    LOL!! I also have the dry Swiffer too for daily cleaning, and then I'll vacuum the hardwood/tile and then Swiffer WetJet once a week.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    My vaccum is running daily, sometimes 2x a day to keep the fur cleaned up off the floor. I have Linolium in the kitchen and hallway. Broom isn't cutting it with the fur. Have any of you tried the Swiffer vaccum for floors? Or what do you all use to keep the hair cleaned up.
    We have dark carpet and a black couch.

Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    We have dark carpet and a black couch.
    We're the opposite here- light beige carpet in the livingroom & muted colored (ugly) couch. Great for hiding yellow Lab hair! LOL Honestly, I pretty much vacuum when I can see the hair on the livingroom carpet. Diningroom and computer room have hardwood floors and area rugs. Both of the rugs backgrounds are almost the same color as the carpet in the LR. Now, the kitchen is another story- it has commercial carpet- a kind of gold/orange/yellow. But I still don't worry about the hair!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Looks like the Swiffer is the way to go. I saw one at BJ's today, but my husband said to check with the experts before I did this. Go figure he was right once again!

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I'm finding that no matter what you use, whether it's mop, broom, vac, it could be used every hour and would still not beat the flying fur. I've learned to just ignore it.....

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry, but that is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. I'm laughing out loud now.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast