Kong Failure, Dog is Sick
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kong Failure, Dog is Sick

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultKong Failure, Dog is Sick

Ok where did I go wrong? I made Pitch his Frozen Kong tonight. I moved up to the larger Kong. I made a mixture of Plain Yogurt, Frozen Green Beans and Frozen Peas. Closed the ends with Peanutbutter and Froze it. Well he must of played with it for maybe an hour and a half and he lost his cookies all over his bed. Any ideas what I might of done wrong? Is it possible the mixture wasn't good?, Or Maybe too much of a good thing? Anyone ever have this happen, I feel so bad for him. It definitely is from the kong, been fine all day.

-Shannon, Bad mother of Pitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Kong Failure, Dog is Sick

My boy Gryph usually tosses his cookies if he eats to many green veggies in one sitting. It may have been just a little to much on his tummy. I use a mixture of baby food and kibble when I make them. I block the little hole with kibble then put a mix of kibble and baby food in the kong. Stand it little side up on the freezer. I usually put it in a baggy in case there are any leaks.

Think about it...how would you feel if you just ate yohurt, peas (ICK- LOL), grean beans and peanut butter in one sitting. :P
    Kim

I thought I was doing him a good thing. Maybe go back to the plain kong

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I'd just try a couple of ingredients. Plug the end with peanut butter, fill with frozen green beans and seal the top with a dab of yogurt. See how that works.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Maybe it was the yogurt. Sometimes some dogs have trouble with dairy...

The last couple of Kongs I made Angus had cottage cheese. I was looking to do something different, cottage cheese is a great source of protein, why not?

He tossed his cookies later in the evening on both occasions. It wasn't until after the second time that I made the link to the cottage cheese. :-\

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I'll throw two cents in. You switched to a large Kong. Has he had all these ingredients in any form before?

Since you switched to a larger Kong, find the smaller one and only use two ingredients, a filler and something else. Hopefully a filler that he has had before without issues. I wouldn't use PB as a filler, just too much PB. I use HKs Kibble and a little PB in the bottom, middle, and top. Total PB is probably a tablespoon and a half.

When she gets a frozen yogurt concoction, (Yogurt, PB, Banana, kibble) the total portion is 2 ounces.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

He probably just had too much of a good thing. Lots of rich treats all at once.

The smaller kong works really well for Marlan. If I am picturing right, the bigger kong is really big. That's the reason I haven't upgraded yet.

Poor Pitch. But, I bet he'll be beggin for his kong again tomorrow (heheh ;D)!

I won't tell ya the ratio I used, no wonder he has a belly ache. A dollop of this, a spoon of that..and larger kong...go figure

Thanks again....knew you all would have the answers!

Husband just made a good point...I told him I moved up to the larger kong, cause he finished up his other one so quickly yesterday, he said it's a snack not a meal. Why does he always have to be right.... :-\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast