The puppy is still there

Thread: The puppy is still there

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe puppy is still there

Do you ever look at your older Lab and see the puppy still there. Sometimes I look at Mitzi's white face and see a subtle expression that brings back puppy memories - the same look.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The puppy is still there

I'll have to let you know in a few years......

But on the flip side, there are times where I will look at Baloo and see the adult.... it always surprises me, and as you said, it's a certain look, subtle expression......
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

I saw that in my older dog Abbey. She was a puppy at heart.

Here is her picture before she crossed over.

My sweet Abbey:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Definitely. Callie Sue was 9 when she had MCT surgery, literally bounced right back...and I mean bounced, everyone swore she had springs in her legs because she could jump so high, even considering she was a big fat 115lbs. She took her sweet old time moving through the house, but when she went outside and there was a squirrel in her yard, she could haul a$$.

She was chasing squirrels the day before she crossed over. No sign of pain or anything. then poof, the next day, she was gone. I miss her every day, but have no doubt she is still bouncing all 115lbs from cloud to cloud, chasing those pesky little squirrels.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I remember seeing puppy in Crash always. Well, you know, I think that's all I ever wanted to see in him, what I chose to see...I found it very hard to think of him as old. He was always my baby, till he was ten and a half.

But I know what you mean. Sometimes they will get that little gleam or spring after a toy in a way that just brings back all the fond memories from puppyhood.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

I keep going back and looking at the picture of my girl Abbey and wishing she was right here with me. :-* Abbey, my girl. I miss you. :-* She was 12.

Oh yeah. Fanny is coming up on 5 and everyday I see the puppy in her. Many times it is just the smile on her face but now and again she breaks into a little butt tuck and I remember her racing through the house, around and on the furniture. That wicked gleem in her eyes shines on through ....................

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I know Tal is just a year old and is still a puppy in alot of ways but I continue to see lots of his puppyness stil in him...especially the way he looks at me...He still looks at me the same way he did in the car on the way home...runs the same...

hark67 is offline Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean....Huckle would have flashes of puppyness right up until the end. One of my favorite "puppy" faces.....14 years young.

Folklaur Love Over Gold "Guthrie" DOB 4/15/07
    Himarks Blue Ray "Huckle" 1/9/92 - 4/25/2006 waiting for me at the bridge.

awww Abbey looks like she was a really sweet girl! And I can definently see the puppy in Huckle how lucky for those of you who have such gorgeous labbys waiting for you at the bridge.. I know my Shadow will be waiting for me!

Breed is almost 3 and she definently knows how to give the "Im just a cute little puppy" face.. Labs use it as a tool of manipulation in my opinion ;D