Moving

Thread: Moving

DefaultMoving

Hi All:

In a couple of weeks, SU and I are moving to another city. The new city is very green, near the water, and dog-friendly, so I am happy about these things. But, due to the cost of living there, we had to move from our house with a fairly large yard to a townhouse with a very small yard.

Walking Marlan is no problem, since I do that anyway. But he does spend a lot of time in the yard sniffing around, etc., and I wonder how he will be when this luxury is gone.

I'm interested to know if anyone else lives in a dwelling with minimal yard space, and how that works with your lab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultRe: Moving

I went from a house with a fenced yard to a townhouse with no yard at all. Billie has been fine with it. She gets to sniff and goof off on our walks and I take her to SO's parent's house to play in their yard. As long as he has a yard of some size I'm sure he'll be fine. They're quite adaptable.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Don't worry too much. If you can do a little extra exploring in your new area,that would be fine.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm in a townhouse with a split rail fenced back yard. It is not a problem. I only allow Nellie out back when I'm there. I would be afraid someone would steal her.

Quote Originally Posted by nellies mom
    I'm in a townhouse with a split rail fenced back yard. It is not a problem. I only allow Nellie out back when I'm there. I would be afraid someone would steal her.
    your too cute! My SU has been paranoid that someone would steal Breed from our yard too... Crooked ear, missing teeth, chafed elbows and all.. LOL!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I moved to another city and have a small fenced back yard. We had no yard per se where we lived before. Tal has been fine with it...in fact I think he likes having "his" own backyard. I also never leave him outside unattended.

Either that or someone would chunk rocks at him or something like that. When I was a kid my granny caught a couple of kids doing that to our cocker spaniel. She immediately called each one of them's parenst. Never had a problem after that. Nowadays you'd probably get sued by the parents. :

I went from a house with a huge backyard to a townhouse with a tiny backyard for about 3 months while waiting to close on our present house (also with a small-ish yard). We had no problems at all... in fact, it made me get out and walk Henry more often, rather than just letting him have the run of the yard!! We've explored our new neighbourhood quite well because of this!

Good luck with your move!!