What WOULDN'T you be doing if you didn't have your dog?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What WOULDN'T you be doing if you didn't have your dog?

DefaultWhat WOULDN'T you be doing if you didn't have your dog?

YAY for training progress, (we graduated from the dreaded Double T drill this morning!)

YAY for such a good dog. You know, if I hadn't gotten him at the pound I wouldn't be doing all this hunt training. I wouldn't have met some of the great people I have, I wouldn't be posting on the lab board. I wouldn't have the car I have because I bought it based on what I thought would work for hauling Sam. And I've been surprised to find I like the CRV, I didn't think I would.

I probably wouldn't be handling my SU's extended absence overseas nearly as well as I am, since I'm doing the dog stuff and not pining away for him.

I wouldn't have had an evening like last night where I got to enjoy showing Sam off, and showing my DIL how to run him. He was perfect. I had thought we might have trouble with him wanting to come back to me or looking to me for instruction, but he understood that she was doing it and all I was doing was standing there. He went when she said, heeled when she said, brought the duck back, sat, held etc. All just as he should. I wouldn't have gotten to laugh at my son and his saying he didn't like throwing ducks because the "duck juice" got on him! Just tons of stuff.

And all coming from that trip I made to the pound, and that decision I made to take the dog who looked so sad.

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What WOULDN'T you be doing if you didn't have your dog?

I definately would not be having this much fun. Also, I wouldn't be:

Sweating my butt off or getting drenched with rain at hunt tests.

Meeting great lab people at these events.

Making new friends who are just like me about the dogs. ;D

Buying a new Expedition so I can have more room for the dog & their crates!! ;D

Awwww what a sweet little post Frances!

Ill tell you what I wouldnt be doing if I didnt have my furkids.....

*I wouldnt be replanting pepper plants every other day because they like to burry their bones in my garden

*I wouldnt be patching yellow grass spots from their urine all summer long

*I wouldnt be cleaning up random piles of dog poo out of my spruce garden almost everyday

*I wouldnt be filling holes that they dug to lay in or bury stuff on the side of our yard all of the time

I WOULD BE SO BORED! I love being out in my yard! Its my favorite thing to do in the warm months! What in the world would I do with myself out there if I didnt have my furkids!? They arent trying to be naughty.. they are trying to give mom something to do so she keps busy in the yard!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't be on JL.
    I wouldn't be driving a 4Runner.
    I would not have become involved with rescue.
    I wouldn't have made all sorts of new doggie friends.
    I wouldn't be able to cuddle with Nellie and love her.
    AND:
    I wouldn't get up at 5:30 a.m. because she insists on getting up then. LOL

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hmmm.... good thread topic!!  

I wouldn't be slipping on puppy drool on the kitchen floor....(what can I say, my boy loves his food!  )
    I wouldn't have the air conditioning on as high while we're at work
    I wouldn't be a member of JL (and spend all my time here instead of "working"  )
    I wouldn't have bought a black couch (so the hair doesn't show as bad...)
    I wouldn't spend hours and hours reading everything I can get my hands on that has to do with dogs/dog training/etc
    I wouldn't be spending tons of moolah on training classes, two different types of crates, more toys than I care to count and expensive dog food, among other things.  :P

Also:
    I wouldn't get NEARLY as much exercise, and I'd probably be overweight.  :-\
    I wouldn't be able to totally let everything bad/stressful that had happened that day disappear as soon as I open the door to a couple wiggly-butts bringing me "gifts" (toys.. )
    I wouldn't be able to appreciate nature NEARLY as much
    I wouldn't laugh as much, or as often
    I wouldn't have met some of my best friends.
    I just generally wouldn't enjoy life as much as they help me to do.  

Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

• Wouldn't be here, that's for sure. I'd've had no reason to search for a Lab Board without a Lab!
    • Wouldn't have met the friends who are a part of our obed classes. Lotsa laughs there. And tears, too. We share the good times and the bad.
    • Wouldn't walk around with poop-bags in every single pants pocket in my closet.
    • Wouldn't Swiffer the kitchen ever 10 minutes during coat-blowing season.
    • Wouldn't rise before the sun to go for a walk every day, winters cold and summers hot. In fact, outside of what was absolutely necessary, I probably wouldn't walk at all. So I'd've probably had a heart attack or angioplasty by now.

BudGirl8 Guest

I wouldn't be on JL all day talking to everyone and having a great time.

I wouldn't have gone to the infant section of the store to buy baby gates. I avoid that section of the store like it is radioactive. This time I went there like it was a beacon of hope.

I wouldn't be posting in the comment section of the local paper arguing with opponents of a potential new dog park. It irritates me that people are so ignorant. Before, I'd have been irritated and never spoken up. Now I'll stand toe to toe with them and argue...in the paper!

I wouldn't be decorating my house in "Lab proof" style. I miss having candles and plants but I love her more.

I wouldn't have dog cookie crumbs in my pockets to go with the poo bags. It used to be horse cookie crumbs and hay/grain remnants. Since I lost my horse, it's all Billie stuff.

There's more but I can't think of it right now.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't be vacuuming as often!

I wouldn't be concerned how many hours/days I was away from home.

I wouldn't have a bag for garbage on my granite countertops.

I wouldn't leave a/c on all day even when I'm away.

I wouldn't have a loving pal by my side every waking/sleeping hour.

I wouldn't get to work, weddings, dinners, full of fur.

I wouldn't have closets/cabinets full of dog meds/food/etc.

I wouldn't have much to be concerned about would I??

But this all doesn't matter since I wouldn't change a thing, I'd rather be vacuuming, paying the electric company, and getting wherever I'm going full of soft fur than not know the love I do!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BudGirl8

I wouldn't be decorating my house in "Lab proof" style. I miss having candles and plants but I love her more.
    YES!!! My poor candles met a sad fate when Baloo entered our lives...... it involved the garbage can, and if they were really lucky, the top shelf of the cupboard.... with the hopes of... maybe..... one day..... a resurrgence...? Probably not...
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't be 25 lbs lighter than the day we picked Hershey up

I could add a bunch of other things about being happier, meeting people (especially young women that just have to come say hello to the puppy, now young dog), finding dog parks, feeling guilty about nail trimming that cut into the quick, cleaning up after a session with diarreha, blah! blah!

But the fact is that HK has gotten me off the couch, away from the computer, and amazingly 25 lbs of lard has disappeared.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast