These are the "ham bones" Dakota ate

Thread: These are the "ham bones" Dakota ate

DefaultThese are the "ham bones" Dakota ate

http://www.terrificpets.com/pet_supp...ews/100327.asp

Any thoughts??? I can't find much info on them..other than they should be fed to medium dogs..it doesn't say anything about that on the damn label.
    Jackie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: These are the "ham bones" Dakota ate

I just posted in your other thread. I had the same thing happen to Mocha she was fine other than throwing up a few smaller peices and a few loose stools. I would watch her though. I won't buy any like that again. :-\

Trickster is offline Senior Member

They are cooked/smoked...

I just wouldn't feed them again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

The only bones I'd buy in a pet store are nylabones.

There are too many issues with all the others. I don't mean to scare you, but I know of dogs getting sick, ending up with obstructions, etc., from pet store bones. (all kinds. :-\)

If you can't find marrow bones anywhere around you, I'd stick with stuffed kings and nylabones.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

By the way, either those are from some kind of mutant godzilla pigs, or those are beef bones. I know they say ham bones, but those are cow bones.

I only went by what the package says. Either way..no more of them..thanks!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom
    By the way, either those are from some kind of mutant godzilla pigs, or those are beef bones. I know they say ham bones, but those are cow bones.

No need to try and scare me..I am. That's why I wrote to JL. I knew there might be problems..and wanted to know what kind.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    The only bones I'd buy in a pet store are nylabones.

There are too many issues with all the others. I don't mean to scare you, but I know of dogs getting sick, ending up with obstructions, etc., from pet store bones. (all kinds. :-\)

If you can't find marrow bones anywhere around you, I'd stick with stuffed kings and nylabones.

I agree that those are beef bones as well.. They are probably flavored with smoked ham flavoring.... I got those for my mamas Max before and he ate em up like a kid in a candy store.. He a got a mild case of the runs and then he was fine.. I dont bring him those kind of presents anymore

Yeah..no more of those kinds of "presents". LOL..well..I'm keeping my fingers crossed..all will be well. If all we end up with is the runs..that's ok with me..don't want none of those..bad problems.
    Jackie :

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDancin
    I agree that those are beef bones as well.. They are probably flavored with smoked ham flavoring.... I got those for my mamas Max before and he ate em up like a kid in a candy store.. He a got a mild case of the runs and then he was fine.. I dont bring him those kind of presents anymore