Things you labs just know....without being told.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you labs just know....without being told.

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultThings you labs just know....without being told.

I guess these labs are alot smarter then I think. We got a suitcase out yesterday for our weekend at our club's hunt test. As soon as the suitcase came upstairs, I noticed a change in their behavior. Molly is older & has been on more trips then Abby, so she starts it. Running around, sticking close to us & if we even go near any door to the outside, she is stuck to us like glue. Must be afraid of being left home. ;D

Funny how they must associate things.

Do any of your labs do these things?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Things you labs just know....without being told.

They sure do. I'm always amazed at their inner clocks. Of course, our routine rarely varies, but still. They know when it's time to go to the Wooserie so mom can visit JL. They lead the way before I'm headed there! They know that if one of us gets up in the middle of the night it is not time for them to get up; it's still bedtime. The flip side of that one is they sure do rally when 5:00 AM rolls around!

Seamus and Flynn

As soon as Breed sees me grab my keys, put the kids shoes on, or give any incliniation that I may be leaving she retreats immediatly into her crate without being told too.. She just knows... Or if I grab the stroller from the garage she starts getting all excited like shes goin on a walk (usually she is) Its funny how they know things.. Sparrow on the other hand doesnt really do much but she still a pup

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

During the week when I'm getting ready for work, I take Brigetta out one last time before I leave, and she always knows that's the last time and goes right into her crate without me telling her too. I don't know what I'm doing right before I leave that she associates with getting into her crate. Any other time, I have to tell her to get in her "house".

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

if it's around 5 or 6PM and i get socks out and find sneakers(with him supervising my actions) and sit down and put them on.... he gets excited.

He thinks he is going for a

dubya-a-el-kay

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oh yea! There's too many to list - they're so smart!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I cannot "pop" the trunk of my car within hearing distance of Maggie and Daisy. The click/clunk sound sends then into a frenzy. That sound is associated with going camping,going swimming ,going hiking, going somewhere yet expored. I keep their gear in the trunk. I can't touch their swim collars,chuck it,doggie bag,leash or any article remotely connected to doing something fun. Frenzy.

It's very difficullt to explain to them that retreiving groceries out of the trunk does not mean were going swimming.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

BudGirl8 Guest

Grabbing anything off the top of the frige makes her think it's dinner time because that's where her food cup rests.

The cell phone alarm goes off at 630. That's her cue to start laying/sitting/chewing on me to get me up.

The hairdryer means to get out of the bathroom. She knows that hairspray and perfume come next and she doesn't like the smell.

The sound of the shower running means to go IN the bathroom because she likes to lay on the rug and wait for me.

My black flip flops by the door going on my feet mean we're going outside. That is the cue to start butt tucking and spinning.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

When I grab the keys and say "ride" Tal gets excited. If I say "inside" he knows I need to go without him. And definitely be ready to play fetch if I grab the chuckit!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFWLab
    dubya-a-el-kay

I had to laff! Spelling isn't working in our house,even spelling backwards. We have resorted to a mutated form of sign language to "mention" something in front of the dogs.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast