I sight I have never seen before
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I sight I have never seen before

DefaultI sight I have never seen before

We had the boys out for a walk around the neighborhood yesterday when we spotted a lady coming toward us down the street with what initially looked like a small dog on a leash. We moved to the far side of the street and noticed her "dog" was walking in a strange way. When we got a little closer the lady veered into a yard and as we passed I saw that she was walking her CAT on a leash.
    The boys showed interest but continued to walk like gentlemen.
    In Houston there is actually a leash law for cats also but I have never observed it being followed until yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I sight I have never seen before

LOL! that seems ridiculous : but people do the strangest things sometimes! That one of those laws that people like me giggle at so its funny that you actually saw someone doing it... Next thing you know someone will see a person harpooning a whale from a moving vehicle on the PCH in California! (My favorite bazzare law) ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Good job boys! I wish I could say that Brigetta would have done the same, but I have an image in my head of her pulling me down the street towards the cat

I saw someone walking a cat on a leash outside my office a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely not something I'm used to seeing!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

There is a leash law for cats here in Montgomery County, MD. I have a friend who used to walk her Siamese on a leash. The cat was happy to be outside.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

My friend and I were taking our dogs for a walk in one of the local fields once (at the end of my road, 2 minutes from my house) when there was a couple walking two FERRETS on harnesses and leads.

They picked them up (thank God!) when we came close but it just seemed like a totally odd thing to do. Walking two ferrets in a popular off leash dog walking area. ???

georgie is offline Senior Member

Good boys. When we were on vacation, we stopped at a rest stop & let the girls out for a potty break. We saw a man walking a large cat on a leash. I have to admit, in all of our travels,I have never seen that before.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I was a cat Leasher. Though for other reasons. Kitty was to fat to fit in a carrier, so he had to go to the vets on a leash and harness. He never seemed to mind.

-Shannon

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

When I lived in an apartment after moving out on my own, I only had the two cats, and I was missing the dogs I had left behind at my mom's somethin' fierce.

Sooo... I tried to get my cat to walk on a leash. She was GREAT indoors, she would walk with me wherever I wanted to go in the apartment, but as soon as we stepped outside she would freeze. Totally freeze, wouldn't move for nothin'.

She is normally an indoor cat, so I'm thinking she developed a bit of agorophobia. :-\

BUT, not long after that I got Peanut, so I finally had someone to walk with!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

BudGirl8 Guest

The kid across the street in my old neighborhood (not so affectionately known as the Demon Child) got a cat and drug it around on a chain once.

My neighbors and I told him if we saw him do it again we'd drag him around on a chain. That was the last time he did it. That kid was a little s**t.

The leash law for cats seems kinda weird but I know a lot of cats who dig being outdoors - if they like taking walks that would be fun! Heck I know a couple of cats at my dad's ranch who sound more like dogs than cats anyway...might as well leash em and take em for walks!!

I had a cat I tried to leash. As soon as a harness hit his body his muscles turned to mush. He literally would fall down, stagger around and look like he had a muscle problem Take it off and he moved out quickly. Great cat except for that. Used to rule the roost at home and made sure the 3 dogs behaved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast