Flea Question!

Thread: Flea Question!

DefaultFlea Question!

So in gracies time here she manage to infest my house with a large number of fleas. The foster mom never told us she had them(never occured to her :-X)
    So yesterdayi bombed the house, sprayed the yard and gave the pups a "capstar" pill.
    We left for a few hours to make sure the house was safe to come back and i checked them all out last night, numerous times!
    (im a really weird clean freak when it comes to those things and i probably checked them more then necessary)
    i gave them the "ALL CLEAR" last night and this morning just as i sit here at the computer Corona is doing on number to herself! she's scratching, chewing and making that "snotty breathing" number because she's putting her face so hard against her skin (im sure you guys know what i mean)
    So i ran quick to grab the comb, combed threw her and i didnt find anything!
    i dont get it?
    the night before last the only thing for fleas i had was that adams flea and tick spray so i spray my entire living room carpet(it's the only part of the house that has carpet)
    and when i rolled corona over to check her belly, her lower stomach in between her legs, she is broke out.
    They look like zits actually, little white heads and a LOT of red splotches.
    Do you think she's just having a reaction to the spray i put on the floor?
    and WHY IS SHE STILL SCRATCHING if there's no fleas?
    It's giving me the creeps like she still has them and i cant catch them, so i keep checking her and checking her and CHECKING her and i still come up empty handed.
    Am i loosing my mind? what do u guys think?
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Flea Question!

If she was bitten by the fleas, the bites themselves will itch for a little while. I'm not sure about the belly problem. I would call the vet.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I would take her to the vet. Could be a reaction, infection, etc etc
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Your dog may indeed be alergic to the actual flea bite. The result will be a skin rash. Prednisone will relieve that sympptoms.
    For you carpets use Fleabusters powder. One treatment last a year and it is totally non-toxic to people and pets. All you do is sprinkle it on and broom it in. You can then vaccuum as usual after 24 hours.

http://www.fleabuster.com/

thanks a bunch!!

Lilly my little street rescue was infested with fleas and worms and the fleas gave her an allergic reaction and sound like that is what your dogs belly looks like