*UPDATED 08.03 PICS* MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! VERY SAD! **PLEASE READ**
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *UPDATED 08.03 PICS* MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! VERY SAD! **PLEASE READ**

Default*UPDATED 08.03 PICS* MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! VERY SAD! **PLEASE READ**

Updated 08.03

I recieved these in an email today.. These are photos taken by a man at the scene... Some are close ups and are intense.... They really show the devastation.. This happened maybe 10 minutes from my house and I still haevnt had the stomach to go view it myself.. I plan on going either Sunday or early next week.. Ill update photos when I go... there are only 5 confirmed dead yet.. at least 8 still missing and possibly 30-50 cars still under water and debris...

http://www.conphoto.net/collapse.html

I know I should put this in odds and ends but this is way to close to home and I knew Id get more traffic here... I know that the collapse of the 35W bridge in Mpls made the national news.. It happened about 6:05pm CDT ... confirmied 7 dead and dozens injured at least 50 cars in the mississippi river so far.. I live 4 blocks from 35W about 15 minutes north of the bridge that collapsed.. I am happy to say that neither myself or anyone close to me that I know of so far was involved in the catasrophe.. I want to hear from all of my MN JL friends to let us know that you guys and your loved ones are also OK and to ask for everyones prayers for the victims, survivors, all of the families and the communities involved...

Here is a link to one of our local news stations for coverage and the story...

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=261140

or just go to www.kare11.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! HISTORIC CATASTROPHE! VERY SAD! **PLEASE READ**

I left the offic early today and crossed the bridge at 4, rather than my normal 6. Smart move. Wanted to take HK for a walk before the thunderstorms arrived that never did. HK may have saved me.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Skubaa Guest

DefaultRe: MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! HISTORIC CATASTROPHE! VERY SAD! **PLEASE READ**

Was wondering if this was important enough to pin it to the top so everyone can check in on the thread.

Prayers are heading MN way!

DG

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM

Oh gosh, Endofile...that gave me chills.

Prayers for everyone in that area. :'(

DefaultRe: MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! HISTORIC CATASTROPHE! VERY SAD! **PLEASE RE

The numbers so far are that 9 died, but 20 are missing. I feel for the families of the missing more right now. I can't imagine the hope that they could be found surviving with enough air in their car. Not likely, but so hard to give up on.

The center of action right now is to recover those that are missing, then the investigation into cause, blame, and 1-2 years of traffic mania around here. I am sure we have a couple more bridges of similar construction in the area, lots of river crossing, and they will all undergo critical inspections.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

DefaultRe: MINNEAPOLIS 35W BRIDGE COLAPSED! HISTORIC CATASTROPHE! VERY SAD! **PLEASE RE

WOW..I've got tears in my eyes..I just read what you wrote to my SU. Nothing in life is a coincidence..damn. I am soooooooooooo glad you are okay...I always said your HK looks so much like my Dakota..wow..what is that saying.."there but for the grace of God go I". Big hugs to you..Jackie
    P.S. and prayers for all the families and people of Minnesota....

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    I left the offic early today and crossed the bridge at 4, rather than my normal 6. Smart move. Wanted to take HK for a walk before the thunderstorms arrived that never did. HK may have saved me.

Enodfile so glad to hear your OK! HK is a hero! She could have saved her daddys life!

I know the body count keeps going up.. devastating... It no longer was rescue after about 9pm last night.. Its only recovery... so sad... Ill tell you what though, I am going to be paranoid driving over any mero bridge for awhile....

Yes! I can see HK in your Dakota also. But Dakota has the wrong color collar on.<g>

LOL..actually..the collar is navy and a coppery color..it looks pinkish in the pic tho. We thought the navy/coppery color would go good with Dakota's coat, if he ever decides what color he wants to be..he's running chocolate to dark chocolate..I have a two toned Lab..LOL, with reddish hi lights on his head and ears. Make up my mind..will ya..LOL Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    Yes! I can see HK in your Dakota also. But Dakota has the wrong color collar on.<g>

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Prayers for all the families. Such a tragedy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast