So?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So?

KLM

DefaultSo?

So?

This was the response from the woman who dumped the Blue Heeler when the police officer informed her that the dog was hit and killed shortly after she dumped him.

So?

> > > :'( :'( :'(

I'm not feeling so confident that this woman will get the punishment that she deserves. I spoke with AC again this evening and maybe she has to hold back what she says now that the arrest has been made but she did NOT make me feel comfortable AT ALL. I almost feel like the woman will get a lawyer and try to fight this. I don't know how since she admited her guilt but like someone said - lawyers are smooth talkers so who knows??? She thinks she's done NOTHING wrong!! She has absolutely ZERO remorse -NONE whatsoever!!! I will be DEVASTATED if she gets off with nothing or only a slap on the wrist. I'm so upset. I hope you all don't think I'm a big whiny baby. I can't help it. I'm sick to my stomach with worry right now. They can't even go take the other animals away from her! :'( :'( YES - I just found out she has other animals besides the puppy - a cat and hamsters. There is no law saying that they can. Even if she pleads guilty or is found guilty - she still gets to keep them!! She even threw out that her brother is a police officer. So WHAT? That makes her exempt from the law???? I just thought good- maybe he can explain to her that what she did was illegal.

What if after all this she gets away with it??? Has ANYone ever dealt with a situation like this? I need advice. I need to know if there is anything else I can or should do. Have I done all I can? Do I need to just let this go now and let what will be will be?

I'm sorry for going on and on...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: So?

Ya know no matter what happens to the woman you need to take some comfort in the fact that you did not stand idly by and let any of this happen. That poor dog may have gone on to heaven, but is greatful that someone took an interest in his life and did so much to pursue the HORRIBLE "person" who dumped him and left him to die. I hope that public interest in this will ensure justice is served but if its not you will still have that boy and his wagging tail to greet you in heaven someday.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I am no lawyer but since you were not directly involved I doubt there is anything more you can do. I agree with bearsdad that you should take comfort in the fact that you have done everything possible that you could.

I do not understand why anyone like her would even want an animal of any kind, let alone a dog. People like that make me want to go beat the living crap out of them...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sloigo is offline Senior Member

She should have to do a TON of community service at your local animal control, at the VERY LEAST! > You have tried to do what you can. More than what most people do....... see it, comment about it, then go on.
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

The media.

It's also possible to start a letter writing campaign to the judges involved, but you have to be careful - sometimes putting the word out also attracts the nutjobs, and judges that receive insulting and threatening letters aren't very sympathetic to the cause.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I'm with Kaytris, go to the media! Just know if Justice isn't done, it wasn't your fault, you and you DH did everything possible!

Kimmers is offline Senior Member

The media.
    I completely agree. You just have to pick your battles, because the media can be a good and a bad thing.

You've done more than most people would ever do, and for that already-you're awesome.

Kim & Crew

Beautiful BC, Canada
    JL Member since July 1, 2002

Fear Nothing. Live for Everything.

Felix Guest

That woman maybe glad that she didnt face me :-X

If she do so, she spent the next 6 months on a intensivecare unit in the local hospital :-\

I would contact the SPCA and see if they get interest in the story and let someone else spearhead the campaign from within an organization like that.

At this point , you want to be careful, I would NOT name the lady by name at all in anything you do...you want to let that work it's way through the court since after all she's innocent till proven guilty. (i.e...you protect yourself from defamation/slander suits) at this point you are fine...you witnessed a crime, reported it, and told the story. (i'm no lawyer, just my $.02)

You get a big round of applause for your actions from everyone, many people would have turned the other way.

KLM

Thanks for all of your thoughts. It sounds like the best thing for me to do is to let the next month slide by quietly and then a week or so before the court date I could let our paper know about it. The woman seems awfully concerned about her name being publicized so even if she only gets a slap on the wrist as long as every citizen of this town knows her name and what she did I think that would make me feel better. I may even tell a Birmingham (the closest "big" city) TV station about it but they are an hour away so I'm not sure if they'd take interest. I could try though.

If I found out who the judge was and personally wrote a letter would that make a difference? Is that a proper thing for me to do? What type of tone should my letter take? Basically just tell him that they have a chance to let all citizens of this town know that animal cruelty will not be tolerated and ask him to please take in account this womans TOTAL lack of remorse when handing down the sentence?

I guess I probably seem crazy and over-emotional about this. It is not "just a dog" to me (and I know it isn't to you guys either). I have to see this to the end and know that I did all I could.

Thanks for the chuckle Felix. Oh, I know exactly what you mean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast